Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Expresses Further Frustration With Mayweather-Paul

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He showed up in a ring and embarrassed himself.

It impacts his legacy.

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
    ——-
    He also mentioned that Floyd was 44 years old and retired. Did you miss that part?

Comment

It does have a standing on his career.

He lost a round or two to a content creator.

That should never happen.

I know this because everyone was in agreement until Mayweather embarrassed himself.

Now his fans say it just doesn’t matter.

It does.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

It’s quite sad that you can’t seem to grasp that an exhibition match between a retired 44 year old boxer has literally no standing on his professional boxing career.

Exhibition matches have been happening for decades on decades, it’s not a new thing. It means nothing.

But you can keep pushing your narrative, no one with a brain cell is going to listen.

Comment

If Hatton could do it he'd do the same damn thing. He knows his son is garbage and will never be anything in boxing, but is still sending out there to make money with his name.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          The idea that Mayweather was the greatest was already absolutely insane... it’s even more so now that he lost a round or two to a professional content

It is far from insane, it's very plausible for the reasons I mentioned, he beat Cotto, Castillo, Mosley, De La Hoya, the list continues to go on. He's 44, hasn't fought in almost 6 years, hasn't been in camp in that time, was at a size disadvantage, and obviously, he gave the round away, he was having fun, wasn't trying, gave Paul at least 2 free shots, and held him up after potentially knocking him out.

Comment

Joe Louis made 25 consecutive defenses of the heavyweight championship, at a time when you couldn’t pick one of four titles and pretend to be champion.

You think picking and choosing opponents throughout a few divisions outweighs Louis’ accomplishments?

Thats insane.

Just like it’s insane to think that Mayweather embarrassing himself in an exhibition doesn’t impact his legacy.

But you subscribe to the idea that Mayweather accidentally knocked Paul out and then held him up to prevent himself from getting credit for a KO.

So I shouldn’t bother with debating you.

Originally posted by Mason Brown View Post

It is far from insane, it's very plausible for the reasons I mentioned, he beat Cotto, Castillo, Mosley, De La Hoya, the list continues to go on. He's 44, hasn't fought in almost 6 years, hasn't been in camp in that time, was at a size disadvantage, and obviously, he gave the round away, he was having fun, wasn't trying, gave Paul at least 2 free shots, and held him up after potentially knocking him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              If Hatton could do it he'd do the same damn thing. He knows his son is garbage and will never be anything in boxing, but is still sending out there to make money with his name.
              His son is 20, hasn't looked especially bad, what were you saying about Conor Benn a few years back, look at his last 2 fights, I don't know why people are so unbalanced, saying a 20 year old unbeaten fighter who's won every round against poor opposition is either the future of boxing or garbage, we won't find out for years, all he's done so far is build his profile, fight under the lights, he hasn't been tested yet, he hasn't made a statement in this last 2 fights, but he's not struggled to win.

Comment

His son is 20, hasn't looked especially bad, what were you saying about Conor Benn a few years back, look at his last 2 fights, I don't know why people are so unbalanced, saying a 20 year old unbeaten fighter who's won every round against poor opposition is either the future of boxing or garbage, we won't find out for years, all he's done so far is build his profile, fight under the lights, he hasn't been tested yet, he hasn't made a statement in this last 2 fights, but he's not struggled to win.
                You can clearly see he has zero skill. He's been training years and learnt nothing. He's just there to make some money off his name until his eventual loss to some bum they underestimate.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  Joe Louis made 25 consecutive defenses of the heavyweight championship, at a time when you couldn’t pick one of four titles and pretend to be champion.

You think picking and choosing opponents throughout a few divisions outweighs Louis’ accomplishments?

Thats insane.

Just like it’s insane to think that Mayweather embarrassing himself in an exhibition doesn’t impact his legacy.

But you subscribe to the idea that Mayweather accidentally knocked Paul out and then held him up to prevent himself from getting credit for a KO.

So I shouldn’t bother with debating you.

That must be a deliberate misinterpretation, I listed off Mayweather's wins, that's called backing up a point, I didn't imply anything about Louis or any other great fighter, I just said Mayweather is arguably the greatest fighter who has ever lived.

Why would a clown show make any difference to his legacy? It isn't on his record, he's years into retirement, he sealed his legacy when he did what was asked of him, fought Pacquiao, and beat him comfortably.

Mayweather held him up because he didn't consider knocking out a non-boxer to be an achievement, he was trying to give the fans a money's worth, because he cares that no fans went home disappointed? Maybe not, but if people are remotely entertained by these post retirement shows, he can make more money, it's not rocket science, this is a business, these exhibitions are not to be taken seriously.

Comment

Mayweather can’t arguably be the best fighter ever because Joe Louis existed.

Thats why I mentioned Joe Louis.

If you know Joe Louis existed, it’s impossible to come to the conclusion that Floyd Mayweather was the best fighter of all time.

The clown show impacts Mayweather’s legacy because there’s video evidence of him losing rounds to a YouTuber.

He didn’t hold Paul up.

I understand the financial reasons for Mayweather to do these exhibitions. It impacts his legacy if he looks bad.

That must be a deliberate misinterpretation, I listed off Mayweather's wins, that's called backing up a point, I didn't imply anything about Louis or any other great fighter, I just said Mayweather is arguably the greatest fighter who has ever lived.

Why would a clown show make any difference to his legacy? It isn't on his record, he's years into retirement, he sealed his legacy when he did what was asked of him, fought Pacquiao, and beat him comfortably.

Mayweather held him up because he didn't consider knocking out a non-boxer to be an achievement, he was trying to give the fans a money's worth, because he cares that no fans went home disappointed? Maybe not, but if people are remotely entertained by these post retirement shows, he can make more money, it's not rocket science, this is a business, these exhibitions are not to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

You can clearly see he has zero skill. He's been training years and learnt nothing. He's just there to make some money off his name until his eventual loss to some bum they underestimate.
                      People say that about many good fighters, it's ludicrous, you obviously cannot see a fighter has zero skill at this stage, no reason to think he's learnt nothing, his skill hasn't been tested yet, many fighters get hit at a lower level, get sloppy with the feet, and lose accuracy because they are pushing to make a statement, and when they step up, better technique, defence, are brought out of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X