Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: Goal Is To Become Undisputed, The One Thing I Haven't Done In My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire: Goal Is To Become Undisputed, The One Thing I Haven't Done In My Career

CARSON, Calif. - The goal for Nonito Donaire has always been to go out on top. Don't mistake his most recent win as a pathway to an exit strategy, however. There remains more work to be done and more belts to collect. Donaire took a major step in that direction this past Saturday at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. The 38-year-old Fil-Am star from San Leandro, California by way of the Philippines--who is now based out of Las Vegas--offered a throwback performance, dropping the previously unbeaten Oubaali (17-1, 12KOs) three times en route to the title win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

More power to him. He’s a throwback fighter abs he will be missed you hen his time is up

Comment

Good for him but sadly it aint going to happen as long as hes in the same division as Inoue. Inoue is even a lot better than their last fight and if they meet again, sadly he may get stopped this time.

Comment

No fights before the winner of Casimero vs. Rigondeaux! Enjoy the victory, enjoy the family, then get back in the lab!

Comment

Lol "the one thing I haven't done" lol That's cause u have to beat elite fighters to become undisputed. U guys keep calling him a throw back fighter don't know if u all even know what that means. In 20 years as a pro he only faced 4 top fighters (giving Vic the benefit of the doubt of being a top fighter) and only beat 1. The other 3 top fighters (not including the other 2 ups drivers that beat him) beat him convincingly without a doubt. I'll give him this though he's the best delusional fighter right now.
          CineScape likes this.

Comment

he only has a chance because he is much bigger than his opponents but i still think Naoya ****s him up

Comment

If ever there will be Donaire v Inoue II it will be 50/50 Nonito will not be the underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                If ever there will be Donaire v Inoue II it will be 50/50 Nonito will not be the underdog.

he will be the underdog, but he has a great equalizer..... that hook sure is a thing of beauty

Donaire is a great guy, I wish him all the best..... and the dude is a total stud for walking down a path that he knows is being guarded by a monster

there are a lot of easier ways to make a living

Comment

I think Donaire is awesome and great for boxing but I don't see him beating Inoue.

I'd rather see him go back down to 115 and get a legitimate world title there. He has an interim belt there and legitimate titles at 112, 118, 122, and 126. If he gets a real title at 115 he becomes the sixth five division men's world champion ever after Tommy Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather, and Manny Pacquiao in that order.

I think that is both a more attainable goal and ultimately a cooler milestone. To put yourself on a six man list with those guys is pretty incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                    I think Donaire is awesome and great for boxing but I don't see him beating Inoue.

I'd rather see him go back down to 115 and get a legitimate world title there. He has an interim belt there and legitimate titles at 112, 118, 122, and 126. If he gets a real title at 115 he becomes the sixth five division men's world champion ever after Tommy Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather, and Manny Pacquiao in that order.

I think that is both a more attainable goal and ultimately a cooler milestone. To put yourself on a six man list with those guys is pretty incredible.

that would be very difficult at this point

but yea i like him too, always have... good post

Comment

Working...
                    X