Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Petros Ananyan is Back Training in LA, Eager To Rematch Subriel Matias

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Petros Ananyan is Back Training in LA, Eager To Rematch Subriel Matias

World ranked junior welterweight contender Petros Ananyan (15-2-2, 7 KOs) is back in the United States, training in Los Angeles, CA, and wants to take on the best in his division, including a rematch against Subriel Matias, who he defeated in 2020.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Matias would murder him now

Comment

Matais was clearly sluggish and not himself that fight even commentators mentioned it . Regardless he clearly was winning first 6 rounds til he got caught then it became an even fight .

Comment

I would really like to see this rematch for Matias, why not have this as a final eliminator for a title shot?

Comment

Matias didn’t like himself in that fight. If they do end up fighting each other again, it’ll be a different outcome this time.

Comment

I was wondering what had happened to Petros Ananyan, he hasn't fought in so long I thought that he had retired.
            Today is the first time I'm hearing anything about him, and he's blaming covidt-19 for his not fighting in over a year.
            I don't buy that excuse Subriel Matias who lost a controversial decision to Ananyan has fought twice since their fight.
            Subriel has beaten two up, and coming undefeated opponents, and Ananyan says it's unfair that Subriel's next fight
            will be a title eliminator bout.
            It's be almost a year, and a half since his last fight when he finally returns to the ring as his promoter has stated.
            What did he think that boxing would stand still until he finally decided to return to the ring to resume his career.
            They say that he was taken to the hospital after hie fight with Subriel, I think he pretty much been recovering from the
            effects of his battle with Subriel.
            Now that he sees that Subriel is one fight/win away from challenging for the title he wants back in.
            I've been waiting to see Subriel, versus Ananyan in a rematch, I sincerely believe that this time Subriel will knockout Ananyan.
            That's not going to happen until sometime next year at the earliest, because Subriel has to fight in a title eliminator, and
            if he wins then fight for the title.
            These are both more important than a rematch with Ananyan, at this point and time in their careers.
            So now Ananyan will have to wait at least a year, or more before their rematch, and hope he doesn't lose a fight in the interim.
            Even he were to lose another fight, or if both of them were to lose a fight in the interim I'd still would like to see them fight again.
            I don't think either of them will lose any time soon their is to much at stake in their careers for them to let that happen.
            Even though I thought that Ananyan lost a close decision in their fight, it was a hotly contested fight up to the finish.
            Subriel Matias is on a vicious roll right now, and he will crush his opponent in the title eliminator, the title holder afterward, and
            then continue to make title defenses in the years to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
              Matias didn’t like himself in that fight. If they do end up fighting each other again, it’ll be a different outcome this time.
              You maybe right about Matias having second thoughts about himself, and his boxing career. Now that he's had some time to reflect on both, I think that Ananyan is going to have major problems once they do face each other in 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

You maybe right about Matias having second thoughts about himself, and his boxing career. Now that he's had some time to reflect on both, I think that Ananyan is going to have major problems once they do face each other in 2022.
                The situation with Dadashev mentally affected him, but it seems that he’s gotten over it now. Ananyan won’t make it to the final round.

Comment

Ananyan took beat Matias on very short notice , ref bailed Matias out of being KO’d opening count . There is no ‘standing 8’ in Nevada . Ananyan now has a promoter and you’ll see him soon

Comment

One thing I like about Matias is he makes no excuses for his loss to Ananyan. NONE! Before they cross paths again, Ananyan is going to have to fight and beat someone of consequence. He can't expect to be on the shelf for 18 months and come back and pick up where he left off while other fighters have been keeping busy and paying their dues. I truly think that the outcome will be a different one than the first fight if they have a rematch. Subriel Matias has stopped 2 undefeated fighters since his only loss. His record of 17-1 with 16 KO's speaks for itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X