Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Petros Ananyan is Back Training in LA, Eager To Rematch Subriel Matias

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matias lost that fight against Ananyan and took the defeat as a man, paying respect to his opponent and then making no excuses for the defeat.

It's clear that Matias is now in a strong position, having destroyed Hawkins and Jukembayev. However, Ananyan deserves the shot at him and Matias has to prove himself against him, which I think he would. But as Matias says, the talk is done in the ring. I would like to see Ananyan Matias 2.

Comment

Seems I missed this month-old thread. I was wondering what happened to this guy.

Why was he not able to fight during the pandemic? Matias picked up the pieces and moved on to batter Hawkins and Jukembayev. Was Ananyan getting the Robert Helenius treatment too? Whatever that may be. They are quite different cases though since Subriel took advantage of better opportunities rather than waiting around. At the same time doesn't exactly seem fair that Ananyan wasn't offered anything similar for beating Matias, but politics I guess..?

Conversely, it doesn't seem fair for Petros Ananyan to expect a rematch now that Matias took his L in stride and proved himself while Petros sat around for reasons unknown. Recovering as speculated above? Paid to sit on the shelf? Not sure that would make sense either. Maybe it was promotional issues and he couldn't get a meaningful fight. Someone above stated he now has a promoter and we should see him soon so who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by tostao View Post
        Ananyan took beat Matias on very short notice , ref bailed Matias out of being KO’d opening count . There is no ‘standing 8’ in Nevada . Ananyan now has a promoter and you’ll see him soon
        It wasn't a standing 8 count. He took 4 flush right hands against the ropes, ducked under the 5th and tried to get out and ate a left hand which sent him staggering back across the ring into the other ropes that intersect at 90 degrees from the ones he was previously laying on. Old man Robert Byrd then starts counting since the ropes prevented him from falling over. Matias is trying to fight back before the count and is obviously protesting the knockdown once it starts. Ananyan also is too eager to finish him off and didn't stay in the neutral corner like he was supposed to. He's already breathing down the ref's neck before he gets to the count of 8. Byrd handled it pretty well for how inept of a ref he can be I think.

Comment

Working...
        X