Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Haney Nowhere Near Going Down; But People Don't Talk About Linares Dropping Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post

Winning 8-4 isn't dominating. That's just getting a solid decision. Loma was much further from being KOd than Haney was too, just because he ended up on his ass doesn't mean he was rocked nearly as badly.
    8-4 is a ratio of 2-1, you have raised the bar to excessive levels for Devin Haney. To your argument that Vasily was not as hurt as Devin, I seen Vasily get chinned by Jorge Linares with 31 seconds remaining in the round 6th round ; the ref ( Ricky Gonzalez ) gave Lomachenka the ten count, the action resumed with 15 seconds left in the round ; Vasily ran away and refused to engage.

The bell may have saved Bumchenko, I'm sure you did not have a issue when Lomachenko got on his bike and made it to see the 7th round.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Yorkis Gamboa hurt P4P Terence Crawford, Jorge Linares almost KO the other so-called P4P, but Devin 'The Dream' real WBC champion, dominated Gamboa and Linares, the Legend-Killer is on a roll! Bring on Gary Russell jr, he'll get the same!
      ”almost Ko’d Loma”...wat fight did u watch? Loma got up and didn’t wobble bak to his corner and come out for the last 2 rds and man-hug Linares terrified of getting tagged again and Ko’d.

Comment

Wow! There’s some real man love going on in here. If I didn’t know any better I’d think the defense of Haney was coming from a fan club member who just paid his yearly dues or the dude’s side piece.
        Greenfield02 Greenfield02 likes this.

Comment

I don't understand the hate for Haney. Was Haney clipped and on unsteady legs at the end of the tenth? Yes, he was. Did he hold for most of the next two rounds? Yes he did. But Haney also boxed beautifully for 9 rounds. He put in enough work and was up in the fight to be able to hold on for the last two rounds. There was zero need to take a chance when his legs were unsteady and at that point that was Linares' only chance at victory. If you want to be upset at anybody be upset with the ref for not warning or deducting a point. But every last one of us would have held on the last two rounds to ensure victory. And lets give credit to Linares. He came in the fight in great shape. He would have given all the top 135 lb guys hell that night.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            In light of the fact that Vasily was almost KO by Jorge in the sixth round and down on judge Robin Taylor's score-card ( 86-85 ), coupled with the fact that Jorge Linares has a history of being KO by lesser competition, I was not impressed by Vasily's late rally to do what everyone was expecting to happen much earlier in the fight.

Devin Haney dominated Jorge Linares, 8-4 on Judges Patricia Morse Jarman score and the same with Steve Weisfeld. Haney showed poise, intelligence and discipline when Linares had his moments in the later stages of the fight. Nobody had ever outwitted and outclassed Jorge Linares like 22 year old Devin Haney, I was impressed.

Patricia Morse Jarman 112-116 | Dave Moretti 113-115 | Steve Weisfeld 112-116
            Haney boxed brilliantly and he impressed me, but you have to admit that Linares had him in trouble for those last three rounds.

Comment

They talked about Loma, Haney was really hurt, I mean, IDK who hugs like that if they are not hurt, and to be fair, Loma knocked out Linares, not survive and take a decision. So there's a difference.
              BoloShot BoloShot likes this.

Comment

Yes they do, Edward. TF you been...Loma also stopped Jorge, while Haney never came close.
                BoloShot BoloShot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  Boxing fans are not dumb.
                  Posted in the comments section of BoxingScene, I find that very ironic.

_Rexy_ _Rexy_ BoloShot BoloShot like this.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

Haney boxed brilliantly and he impressed me, but you have to admit that Linares had him in trouble for those last three rounds.
                    Yes, Linares appeared to have hurt Devin and exposed flaws which should be carefully examined and addressed by team Haney. I hope Devin Haney has learned a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Jblack79 View Post
                      I don't understand the hate for Haney. Was Haney clipped and on unsteady legs at the end of the tenth? Yes, he was. Did he hold for most of the next two rounds? Yes he did. But Haney also boxed beautifully for 9 rounds. He put in enough work and was up in the fight to be able to hold on for the last two rounds. There was zero need to take a chance when his legs were unsteady and at that point that was Linares' only chance at victory. If you want to be upset at anybody be upset with the ref for not warning or deducting a point. But every last one of us would have held on the last two rounds to ensure victory. And lets give credit to Linares. He came in the fight in great shape. He would have given all the top 135 lb guys hell that night.
                      The hate for Haney was because he said he would never lose to a white boy. It’s the same reason the same group of people (usually British nationalists) hate Bernard Hopkins for saying the same thing. The same group would have hated Ali as well particularly during his more political years....but then again, he did call joe Frazier the “white man’s champion.” But that’s what the hate for him from British fans are about. From Mexican American fans it’s more about seeing him as a rival against the magically cured of all mental illness Cryin Garcia

Comment

Working...
                      X