Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Nordine Oubaali, Nonito Donaire - Face-Off at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Nordine Oubaali, Nonito Donaire - Face-Off at Final Presser

Oubaali, Donaire Final Press Conference Photos Gallery - WBC Bantamweight World Champion Nordine Oubaali and future Hall of Famer Nonito Donaire went face-to-face Thursday at the final press conference before their world title showdown taking place this Saturday, May 29 live on SHOWTIME from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif., headlining a Premier Boxing Champions event. (photos by Esther Lin)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really looking forward to this one, huge fan of Donaire both as a fighter and as an ambassador for the sport, but the little French Moroccan dude has really impressed me... genuinely like both dudes here so may the best guy win. My guess? Donaire's power and experience prove just a bit too much for the wily Frenchman... think we'll see a real fight here though.

Comment

I really hope you are correct but sadly I think it’s a step to far for Nonito.

What an ambassador for boxing Nonito has been, and a champion that all up and coming fighters should look to emulate. I really hope he doesn’t take a horrible beating in this fight.
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

The current record for the oldest bantamweight champion is held by Nonito's fellow countryman Gerry Penalosa, who became the WBO 118 champion at 36 years old. Nonito Donaire can add another remarkable achievement by breaking said bantamweight record. Ironically and hypothetically speaking, the man that beat Nonito at 122, is now also campaigning at 118 -- coincidentally, 40 year old Guillermo Rigondeaux, can potentially spoil Nonito's historic feat, by beating John Riel Casimero.

So this year we might see the battle of the bantamweight geezers, if Nonito and Rigo come-out on top vs. Nordine Oubaali and John Casimero. All I know is that the odds for Gerry Penalosa's record being broken in 2021 are looking good.

Comment

If nonito can cut off the ring and have nordine against the ropes than this could be a very interesting fight indeed .

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            Really looking forward to this one, huge fan of Donaire both as a fighter and as an ambassador for the sport, but the little French Moroccan dude has really impressed me... genuinely like both dudes here so may the best guy win. My guess? Donaire's power and experience prove just a bit too much for the wily Frenchman... think we'll see a real fight here though.
            My sentiments exactly. Helluva main event and the undercard doesn't look too shabby either. Like how both Donaire and Oubali conduct themselves in the ring. If Nonito doesn't get old overnight, I think this will be a highly entertaining fight.

Comment

Working...
            X