No announcement yet.

Why does no heavyweight have a jab as good as klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does no heavyweight have a jab as good as klitschkos

Fury and AJ both use a jab but neither are anything like Wlad or even Vitali.

Take AJ vs Ruiz 2 for example, if Wlad had landed that many jabs on Ruiz his face would have been a swollen mess and then late on Wlad would drop
    ​​ the steelhammer behind it and Ruiz would have crumpled to the canvas a pile of jello.

I miss that stuff, powerful ramrod jab that used to bust people up.

Elite boxers are elite boxers for reason. Wladimir is top 10 hw ever. His brother was not so skilled, but more dangerous fighter.

Hrgovic can start fighting like brothers, but we don`t know if he is good enough.

Comment

Because having an elite jab is really hard.

Comment

Wlad had an exceptional jab. Lennox Lewis had a great jab too. They leave it out there so there’s less distance it has to travel.

Comment

Joey Dawejko tho

Comment

Fury proved to have a better jab when they fought, he is left handed orthodox though.

Wlad eventually built a style around protecting his chin, and that probably made him use the jab even more, which made it more exceptional but ultimately he used it to destroy inferior fighters and eliminate the risk out of a fight. This was possible because he had exceptional defence, it's more than a jab you need to fight in that style.

I think the guys today are quicker to reach down into their toolbox then Wlad was. Whether that is a better strategy or not, I'm not sure - it's fighter dependent. I don't think AJ has the defence or defensive awareness to throw many jabs over and over, he'd get timed and countered. Fury is altogether more versatile with a reliable chin/stamina.

A note though - when Wlad fought AJ and Fury - two guys of similar stature and ability - although it was effective, he wasnt able to have that same success with his jab.

Comment

Joe Joyce has a very good jab.

I agree? None of these super heavyweights have damaging jabs.

David Price displayed a good jab vs Dave Allen, beat him up with it.

But Kiltschko & Lewis the jab seemed their primary assault weapon.

I watched a interview where Joshua, recalled being hit with Kiltschko's jab 'And he said he had never felt that kind of power before' and laughed.

Fury does have a alright jab, but it is used more as a annoyance. If he is not sparking guys out with his backhand, then his jab is not really going to be damaging etc Fury's and Joshua's jab's are pretty level, but for the fact that Fury is more comfortable using his? I think he has a better jab, although Joshua's is more damaging.

I would predict that Fury vs Joshua could look like Lewis vs Bruno. If you go back and watch Lewis vs Bruno, for me it is the highest level of jabbing in a heavyweight title fight 'Neither fighter wanted to let the other opponent dominate with the jab, but Bruno was just edging it'.

If Joshua could somehow cancel out Fury's jab, that is how he wins the fight.

Comment

Working...
              X