Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan Eyes August Return, Then Wants Fulton-Figueroa Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan Eyes August Return, Then Wants Fulton-Figueroa Winner

Irish Olympian Michael Conlan is very focused on securing his world title shot. Conlan (15-0, 8 KOs) is the WBO's mandatory challenger to bantamweight world champion Stephen Fulton.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Get that #1 contender slot and it’s yours....but as much as I love to support someone of Celtic blood, either one of them stops you lad.

Comment

Are we talking Bantam or Super Bantam here?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Get that #1 contender slot and it’s yours....but as much as I love to support someone of Celtic blood, either one of them stops you lad.
        He's already #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          He's already #1.
          #10 and #9 in the wbc and wba lasti looked. But #1 for fulton. Being that he is on the other side of the street he’s definitely going to have to force that fight due to mandatory status. But yes you are right about wbo. If they unify then he’s the top man on the wbo side.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

#10 and #9 in the wbc and wba lasti looked. But #1 for fulton. Being that he is on the other side of the street he’s definitely going to have to force that fight due to mandatory status. But yes you are right about wbo. If they unify then he’s the top man on the wbo side.
            Yes indeed! Did you see Porter is no longer WBO #1 @ 147? Now it's Vergil Ortiz Jr.! Maybe WBO is moving people out the way, if they don't want the champ?

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Yes indeed! Did you see Porter is no longer WBO #1 @ 147? Now it's Vergil Ortiz Jr.! Maybe WBO is moving people out the way, if they don't want the champ?
              I think that has more to do with arum being in cahoots with the wbo and setting up a cracking fight with Crawford and a popular Mexican American puncher like Ortiz

Comment

either one will beat him up real bad he needs to sit back and wait for a vacant title, he is not world-class a Liam Smith type of fighter

Comment

I have nothing AT ALL against Conlan but from what I've seen, I would take Roman, Rios, Aleem, Fulton, Figuroa, Dogboe, Leo, and even Nery over Conlan. I'm not sure Conlan could beat Carlos Castro at this point. Maybe he beats a couple of those guys but not the majority. I think Azat Hovhannisyan would rake him over the coals too.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                    either one will beat him up real bad he needs to sit back and wait for a vacant title, he is not world-class a Liam Smith type of fighter
                    Yeah I agree

well I think Smith is ok, he got robbed in Russia but that guy wasn’t great either

Smith is a solid fighter, but never going to win near the top level. solid enough to compete with B level fighters but will fall short against top fighters.

I think Conlan will fall into that category. No shame in that, not everyone can be top level. He’s probably good enough to pick up a vacant title with the right fight and then cash in with it, like Smith did.

Comment

Working...
                    X