Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan Eyes August Return, Then Wants Fulton-Figueroa Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I think that has more to do with arum being in cahoots with the wbo and setting up a cracking fight with Crawford and a popular Mexican American puncher like Ortiz
    That would be nice! It would also be nice if he was a proven WW like Shawn Porter! If Ortiz enforces the mandatory, it's a wi-win for TR! Ortiz will come cheap, because the mandatory gets peanuts, and Ortiz will be the draw, not Crawford!
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Conlan gets smoked by any of the top guys, he went life and death with Baluta. I'd like to see him fight Thomas Patrick Ward in his Summer fight, that's 50/50 imo

Comment

Conlan is an example of someone who stayed in the amateur game too long. Should have turned pro after 2012 and not gone to the 2016 Olympics. Really hurt his ability in the pros and now he's just a decent contender, nothing more, nothing less. He's the type of guy who will end up losing to a journeymen type of fighter soon if he's not matched properly.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Yeah I agree

well I think Smith is ok, he got robbed in Russia but that guy wasn’t great either

Smith is a solid fighter, but never going to win near the top level. solid enough to compete with B level fighters but will fall short against top fighters.

I think Conlan will fall into that category. No shame in that, not everyone can be top level. He’s probably good enough to pick up a vacant title with the right fight and then cash in with it, like Smith did.
          I know Smith ain't elite, but Conlan ain't on Beefy's category, The gap is further between the two than Smith is from Elite level

Comment

Im not sold on Conlan as a world class fighter to be honest, he's overrated.

i get the feeling he hasn't made the transition from amateur to pro too well.

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
              Im not sold on Conlan as a world class fighter to be honest, he's overrated.

i get the feeling he hasn't made the transition from amateur to pro too well.
              A bit like Yeleussinov, Although he’s started looking much better in his last few fights.

Comment

I like Conlan and would love to see him win world title. I’m going to be honest though. I don’t think he’ll be able to handle the top guys at 122. He struggled with Baluta in his last outing. He needs a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

A bit like Yeleussinov, Although he’s started looking much better in his last few fights.
                  It could be turning pro too late , theres not too many that get away with it

Comment

Working...
                  X