Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna vs. Joseph Diaz is Sanctioned For WBC Interim-Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna vs. Joseph Diaz is Sanctioned For WBC Interim-Title

Earlier this year, Ryan Garcia captured the WBC's interim-lightweight title with a dramatic knockout of Olympic gold medal winner Luke Campbell. Next up for Garcia was a showdown with top-rated Javier Fortuna in the month of July.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good decision as far as the WBC goes anyway. Garcia deserves to be stripped. This is gonna be a good fight.

Comment

Says nothing about stripping Garcia of the interim title. Wouldn't be surprised if greedy asz Mauricio has two interim champs at once.

Comment

The question is will Teofimo Lopez stay @ 135? I think if he can't fight Josh Taylor next, he'll fight for the WBC title to become the official Undisputed Lightweight Champion of the World! If i'm Taylor, I vacate the WBO title and fight Teofimo Lopez in Scotland!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          The question is will Teofimo Lopez stay @ 135? I think if he can't fight Josh Taylor next, he'll fight for the WBC title to become the official Undisputed Lightweight Champion of the World! If i'm Taylor, I vacate the WBO title and fight Teofimo Lopez in Scotland!
          I'd like to see them fight but no way Teofimo goes to Scotland he's the bigger name this fight would be in Vegas. Let Taylor fight Catterall in a homecoming fight in Scotland and then him and Teo can fight later this year or early next year if Teo moves up which I'm sure he is before next year.

Comment

Good Fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
              I'd like to see them fight but no way Teofimo goes to Scotland he's the bigger name this fight would be in Vegas. Let Taylor fight Catterall in a homecoming fight in Scotland and then him and Teo can fight later this year or early next year if Teo moves up which I'm sure he is before next year.
              Teofimo would be more likely to go than Crawford, but no matter what, Taylor vs. Lopez would be just as big as Crawford vs. Taylor! Taylor has a chance to beat Lopez! He ain't ready for Bud yet! Madison Square Garden would love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                Says nothing about stripping Garcia of the interim title. Wouldn't be surprised if greedy asz Mauricio has two interim champs at once.
                That's probably likely with the WBC. They've never invented a belt they didn't like. Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  He's already officially undisputed. If you lookup the record books, he's there. No one considers Haney title as legit.
                  uncle_ray uncle_ray likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post

That's probably likely with the WBC. They've never invented a belt they didn't like. Good one.
                    Interim to the interim champ. Sounds legit.

Comment

Working...
                    X