Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna vs. Joseph Diaz is Sanctioned For WBC Interim-Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

He's already officially undisputed. If you lookup the record books, he's there. No one considers Haney title as legit.
    I feel you, but not really. The "Franchise" title is the "Fake" title. Haney put himself in position to fight Lomachenko. Unfortunately, the WBC did Arum a solid, and came up with a new title, so Loma could fight Teofimo Lopez, without dropping the title. Haney did nothing wrong! Same thing with Jermall Charlo! He put himself in position to fight Canelo, but the WBC came up with a new title, so Canelo could avoid fighting Charlo, without dropping a title. Charlo did nothing wrong!

That being said, if I'm Teofimo Lopez, and I have the choice between fighting Haney @ 135, or Josh Taylor @ 140, i'm choosing Josh Taylor all day, everyday!

TrillScottHeron TrillScottHeron likes this.

Comment

Thats good. I'd pick any of these two to beat that bum haney. Will haney take it or will he just keep begging for that ryan payday?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I feel you, but not really. The "Franchise" title is the "Fake" title. Haney put himself in position to fight Lomachenko. Unfortunately, the WBC did Arum a solid, and came up with a new title, so Loma could fight Teofimo Lopez, without dropping the title. Haney did nothing wrong! Same thing with Jermall Charlo! He put himself in position to fight Canelo, but the WBC came up with a new title, so Canelo could avoid fighting Charlo, without dropping a title. Charlo did nothing wrong!

That being said, if I'm Teofimo Lopez, and I have the choice between fighting Haney @ 135, or Josh Taylor @ 140, i'm choosing Josh Taylor all day, everyday!
        Thank you! There is even a clip where the person who gave the franchise belts admits that it was done at the request of the fighters named...
        TrillScottHeron TrillScottHeron likes this.

Comment

WBC Fruity Peebles belt aside, this a good fight

Comment

The WBC has four champions at lightweight.

It should be five but they ignored their own policy about giving a fighter who loses a franchise title the Diamond belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

I totally agree with you 100%. But when I said Teo was undisputed, that was an opinion, that was actually a fact lol. If you look up undisputed fighters in the history of boxing, Teo would come up.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

I totally agree with you 100%. But when I said Teo was undisputed, that was an opinion, that was actually a fact lol. If you look up undisputed fighters in the history of boxing, Teo would come up.
                Totally understood. He's just not undisputed in the traditional sense of the word. The WBC has made a mess of it all! They so worried about a mandatory for Haney, when they should make Haney the mandatory for Lopez!

Comment

Working...
                X