Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: There is a New Warrior King and He's From Scotland!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I’ve been saying it for years, Scotland is going it’s own way. It will be England and Wales before too long. Brexit was the final straw. Hell the Scots have been running their own country for a spell now.
    As the Danny Devitto film was ' other peoples money' !
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Everyone at the top of 135 is going to move up to 140 next week. Teofimo Lopez should do what Oleksandr Usyk just did, demand a mandatory shot by virtue of his WBO lightweight championship, and beat Josh Taylor for all the marbles -- if Gervonta Davis doesn't get to the 'Tart-Tomato' first.
      I gotta agree with you that Josh/Teofimo would make for a cracking contest, but Jack Cattrall is rightly or wrongly #1 contender with the WBO & has already taken step aside money. I look forward to seeing Taylor/Lopez, but Catterall doe's deserve his shot in Edinburgh.
      GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post

I gotta agree with you that Josh/Teofimo would make for a cracking contest, but Jack Cattrall is rightly or wrongly #1 contender with the WBO & has already taken step aside money. I look forward to seeing Taylor/Lopez, but Catterall doe's deserve his shot in Edinburgh.
        Jack Cattrall sucks, but considering how vulnerable Josh Taylor is, 'El Gato' will be competitive and could upset Josh Taylor, so I'm not really upset about Jack's mandatory status.

Comment

Toprank would keep Josh Taylor away from the hard-hitting PBC Gervonta Davis, but Teofimo Lopez is with said promotion. However, Gervonta is a PPV draw, we will have to see Teo's Triller numbers to assess the value of a proposed fight between Lopez vs. Taylor -- but I forgot that Teo relationship with Toprank is uncertain due to disagreements. Therefore, I think 'TANK' has a good chance to get the 'Tart-Tomato' for all the marbles.

Josh Taylor has a lot of options, he might consider Gervonta Davis a cherry-pick for a lot of money. But I feel that Davis could be a cherry-pick gone wrong for Taylor.
          Teo vs. Ramirez or Taylor is a big time event! Mikey said he's going to be closely watching Davis vs. Barrios! Tank would not turn that down! Tank vs. Prograis is a juicy one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Teo vs. Ramirez or Taylor is a big time event! Mikey said he's going to be closely watching Davis vs. Barrios! Tank would not turn that down! Tank vs. Prograis is a juicy one too!
            I doubt that Teo would have anything to gain by fighting Jose Ramirez without any title ; Josh Taylor has all the gold at 140, the prize and legacy for Lopez is with Taylor, as is the same for Tank Davis. So Micky is scouting Gervonta Davis vs. Mario Barios? That's interesting, the winner vs. MG is a appealing. 140, has a lot of players it seems.

Comment

I doubt that Teo would have anything to gain by fighting Jose Ramirez without any title ; Josh Taylor has all the gold at 140, the prize and legacy for Lopez is with Taylor, as is the same for Tank Davis. So Micky is scouting Gervonta Davis vs. Mario Barios? That's interesting, the winner vs. MG is a appealing. 140, has a lot of players it seems.
              Gervonta Davis vs Mario Barrios: Mikey Garcia wants to face the winner

"He [Davis] has a fight with Mario Barrios next," he added. "That’s a very good match-up.

"It’s not going to be an easy match for Tank. I think Tank is a terrific fighter, but moving up to 140 and fighting a big guy like Barrios is not an easy task.

"But if things go well on his end and that’s an available fight, sure I’ll entertain that offer. I can probably get a fight against him."

As far as Garcia is concerned, however, he insists the fight is far from a foregone conclusion, having previously trained with Barrios in the past.

He continued: "But the same thing with Barrios. This is a great opportunity for Barrios to really get his name out there and show what he’s made of.

"He’s already an interim champion for a reason. He’s a terrific fighter. I’ve trained with him, and I know him.

"That’s also a match-up that could possibly happen. If Barrios wins, that’s an opportunity for me too. There are other names out there. Tank is one of them. We have to let time decide."

https://www.givemesport.com/1694637-...ace-the-winner

1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X