Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Alvarez on manny’s Ability Level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    No he is not. I would say Canelo is Cotto level fighter. He is just fighting worse opposition, that is why he has only 1 loss. He has some elite skills, but he is not on Pacquiao`s level.
    garfios likes this.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

      Wins matter more than losses, and Manny dominated Cotto. Canelo didn't even with a massive size advantage, Manny dominated him as the smaller man. No comparison. Now if Canelo goes up in weight and humiliates Beterbiev and Bivol the way Manny did with bigger guys then we have a debate.
      Maybe I haven’t watched enough yet

      but Beter looks like another East euro caveman

      i see the bigger man taking a beating. A modern Dempsey-Willard

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
        Probably not but I like him more. He's a cool dude. Manny is a annoying oddball and thick as ****. Plus Filipino food is complete trash. Unrefined grease. If Canelo was to beat the guys a LHW then he would be right up there. Tacos are soooo nice
        So I’m not the only person who isn’t a fan of manny’s fruity persona

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

          Maybe I haven’t watched enough yet

          but Beter looks like another East euro caveman

          i see the bigger man taking a beating. A modern Dempsey-Willard
          I don`t believe Canelo would fight him before beterbiev loses a few fights and gets old.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

            I don`t believe Canelo would fight him before beterbiev loses a few fights and gets old.
            To be fair there still work to be done at 168

            Alvarez-Benavidez will happen. Good money

            Mexican vs Mexican-American rivalry. I like Alvarez style more but David owns a home in my area and I run pass the dude on the beach every couple months

            who to root for

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              No he is not. I would say Canelo is Cotto level fighter. He is just fighting worse opposition, that is why he has only 1 loss. He has some elite skills, but he is not on Pacquiao`s level.
              His record shows one loss. We all know he should have a least two more. Stay safe.

              Comment


              • #17
                Achievement wise you'd have to say no.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  To be fair there still work to be done at 168

                  Alvarez-Benavidez will happen. Good money

                  Mexican vs Mexican-American rivalry. I like Alvarez style more but David owns a home in my area and I run pass the dude on the beach every couple months

                  who to root for
                  Best fight out there for Canelo, David is the only guy that can hang with him.

                  Ability wise Manny has quicker feet and lots of angles and would beat the same weight Canelo the same way Floyd did, it's all about the foot speed because Canelo is slow there, every fighter that has not only beat Canelo but to take any rounds of him all did because of their footwork, it opens Canelo up when he is chasing you, if you have the hand skills you will win some rounds before he catches up to you if you have ATG skills and conditioning as Floyd Manny have Canelo is very beatable.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    He needs to beat Golovkin first fr fr

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      What do you say

                      manny destructed a great fighter in Barrera and dominated the very good Miguel Cotto

                      on the downside manny got conquered by 2 of his 3 rivals
                      Yes but he also did give Marquez 3 rematches and had 2 wins, he didn't clown out like Canelo and say "I EASILY BEAT MARQUEZ, WE DONT F*** AROUND IN THE PHILIPINES, NO REMATCH HE IS BORING."

                      This is why I can't support Canelo when he displays poor character like this.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP