No announcement yet.

Karoly Balzsay Reflects on The Loss To Stieglitz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    but the ibf rightfully stripped him for fighting manfredo.
    Because HBO wouldn't televise Calzaghe-Steiglitz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      Nelson, thats as undisputed as it gets nowdays, in that case in the modern multi belt era the only undisputed champions have been Hopkins and Taylor? I mean if Calzaghe hadn't vacated the IBF he'd be undisputed.

I know there was a huge chain of guys in the HW division that held the IBF, WBA, WBC belts after Tyson lost them to Douglas but at that point the WBO was becoming a major belts organisation.

Haye in most peoples eyes including my own was undisputed hold 3 out of 4 belts is as good as it's going to get in this era.
      Oh yeah. This alphabet soup is most annoying. It shows how difficult it is to be really undisputed these days. The border for when you accept a new organization to be a 'major' organization isn't clear at all. I only referred to what I believe is the common standard and made a distinction between UNIFIED and UNDISPUTED.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
          Haye won two title fights in the cruiserweight division: against shot Mormeck and weak-chinned Maccarinelli. Balzsay won two title fights on the super middleweight division. Neither was "undisputed"...Haye ducked the best cruiserweight at the time, Steve Cunningham, IBF champion.

im sorry,dont compare balzsay too haye even if you hate him,thats harsh on haye
          balzsay is a c-level fighter,sorry tunney

Comment

Working...
          X