Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez Goes Solo on Media Day at AT&T Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez Goes Solo on Media Day at AT&T Stadium

Canelo Alvarez Media day Photos Gallery - Canelo Alvarez was forced to go solo for his media day, as upcoming opponent Billy Joe Saunders no-showed. The two super middleweight champions will collide at AT&T Stadium on Saturday May 8, live worldwide on DAZN and on TV Azteca in Mexico. (photos by Ed Mulholland)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would not be a surprise at all if colonel Saunders chickens out. Hope they have Bivol or Ryder ready to go.

Comment

Hey Billie Joe don’t fight him. You don’t need him you have a belt he needs you that’s why he wants to unify. I bet if it where Jermall he wouldn’t even fight. He wouldn’t even fight Andrade. He once tried him and called him a ***** I could not believe he called him that and Alvarez ran .

Comment

Saunders is a disgrace. Hope Canelo knocks him the f**k out.

Comment

Quitting already?? He’ll fight. Too much $$ to lose

Comment

If Canelo Alvarez is so hot, so dangerous and so feared, why can't he do with a 22' compromise? They really should have inked that in the contract. My Dad was a former boxer and he told me about the things promoters do to slant a fight to their boxer's favor. Sugar Ray Leonard always had a hard canvass and a big ring to run. Punchers would get a small ring with deep padding to prevent runners. Judges get paid by the promoter. Things like short training notice, weights, type of gloves etc etc. Just sayin', what's a couple of feet if Alvarez is so good? Not a hater. Looking forward to a good match.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
              If Canelo Alvarez is so hot, so dangerous and so feared, why can't he do with a 22' compromise? They really should have inked that in the contract. My Dad was a former boxer and he told me about the things promoters do to slant a fight to their boxer's favor. Sugar Ray Leonard always had a hard canvass and a big ring to run. Punchers would get a small ring with deep padding to prevent runners. Judges get paid by the promoter. Things like short training notice, weights, type of gloves etc etc. Just sayin', what's a couple of feet if Alvarez is so good? Not a hater. Looking forward to a good match.
              You answered your own question, the fact Saunders camp wants a big ring, shows how much he fears Canelo.

Comment

I don't think there's a good guy or bad guy in this story. You have guys who favor opposite ring sizes to suit their own styles.

But Canelo has earned the A-side moniker because of his record, popularity and his style. Sacrificing his style is not going to happen.

Comment

Hopefully this is the last bum brit Canelo fights. Stop giving those cowards a payday.

Comment

Working...
                  X