Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: Me & Luis Ortiz Would Be An Exciting Fight; Gotta Talk To Al Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Maybe at first glance he's as credible although I'd argue that. He's not the first fighter to outbox Wilder a few rounds before getting sparked out. His resume is pretty unremarkable, especially over the past few years. His performance against Wilder doesn't look quite as impressive after Deontay got thrashed in his second fight with Fury.

He's fought two live bodies in his career over the course of three fights. In two of those three he's been knocked out brutally. The other one (Jennings) happened ages ago. While Whyte, Parker and Chisora have lost, they have also faced other relevant opponents (and won) and given good accounts of themselves.

At age 42, we don't really know who Ortiz is as a fighter.
    I get your point and your logic is sound. I just don't think anyone in the top 15 other than maybe the 2 belt holders have done anything remarkable since they're all unremarkable. Beating every sigle name in the top 15 outside the 2 belt holder in this weight class doesn't say much unfortunatly. At least not to me. The skill just isn't there like in the other weight classes. The Winner of AJ vs Fury is a few fights away from being in the same position as Shields on the women's side (almost no one left). With Otriz, at least I know he won't throw something with such bad technique that I'm going to change channels or start reading (I'm not a reader, but any tech review is better than watching guys punch like dudes after the bars).
    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

I'm thinking wilder might best ruiz now after areola fight. Ruiz lacked power. But maybe needs to get accustomed to losing weight? I didn't think it would be a big deal losing weight but they said it takes a while for reflexes to catch up? Whatever that means?

Comment

Andy vs Wilder, Luis Ortiz, or Whyte would be good fights.

What ever happened to that dude Oscar Rivas? I thought he looked pretty good against Whyte... and was arguably robbed?

Comment

I love this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

I just don't think anyone in the top 15 other than maybe the 2 belt holders have done anything remarkable since they're all unremarkable....The skill just isn't there like in the other weight classes. The Winner of AJ vs Fury is a few fights away from being in the same position as Shields on the women's side (almost no one left).
            Very good points and I agree with the majority of your assessments. With the HW division especially, skill gets you so far because of the wide range that HW encompasses. We also aren't in a golden age of heavyweight boxing either. The top two guys have both skill and size but they have also shown the occasional vulnerability to make it interesting.

There are some very compelling potential fights between the guys #3-15. Ortiz and Ruiz would be one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Ruiz vs Ortiz/Whyte/Wilder work with me.
              ^^^ This ..

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Dillian Shyte has avoided Luis Ortiz for years.

Nice to see that Andy isn't scared and is willing to fight King Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

Credibility with the casuals?! One, would a casual fan even know who Ortiz is and Two, did you look at the top 15 ranked heavyweights. Not saying that Ortiz is at his peak, but there is a reason all those top 15 guys don't add him to their resume. Ortiz is as credible as Dillian, Chisora or Parker. Usyk isn't calling out Ortiz despite being one of the most skilled HWs (yes undersized but amazing skills).
                  Ortiz has already ducked AJ twice and Whyte once. So who are you talking about when you say "There's a reason all those top 15 guys don't add him to their resume"?

Name these fighters who have been offered contracts and a payday to fight him, only for them to turn it down? I must have missed all this. I'm happy for you to remind me considering you think it to be true.

Comment

Interesting matchup, both have fast hands and power

Comment

Come right back September at Stubhub and do another Stacked All Mexican PPV headlined by Ruiz vs Ortiz especially if Canelo vs Plant doesn't happen in September

Comment

Working...
                      X