Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor: I Had To Dig Deep To Win The Championship Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor: I Had To Dig Deep To Win The Championship Rounds

At the Manchester Arena in Manchester, Katie Taylor retained her WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO lightweight world titles after a unanimous decision victory over Natasha Jonas with scores of 96-94, 96-95 and 96-95. The Irish star shared another memorable meeting with Jonas, nine years after their London 2012 Olympic Games bout, as Taylor was forced to dig deep for the win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Katie Taylor, hit or pass?

Comment

I do feel sorry for the 2 or 3 in Each female weight division who can fight , they cannot get a real following because the overall depth after said 2 or 3 is so poor , you only have to look at box rec and see where the fodder starts and it’s from 5 onwards really and the talented ones coming in after 2 fights are ranked in the top 15 so it’s bad for them as the fodder above feel they entitled to a big fight ( and their not) they could never compete with the top ones and the promoters and tv cannot use them to promote the game .further . It’s a hard sell I’m afraid which is why the good ones have to switch divisions and fight each other , it’s the only way but if the pandemic has done anything it’s got rid of the rubbish with padded out records who are unbeaten and to old ..

Comment

“Again, it was probably a bit too exciting for my liking,” Taylor told Matchroom.
        Translation: I don't like aggressive opponents who take me to deep waters.

Comment

I was surprised the scores were so close, as I had it the same as boxing scene 97-93 Katie. Persoon beat Taylor twice, but there was no way Jonas won or drew yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            I was surprised the scores were so close, as I had it the same as boxing scene 97-93 Katie. Persoon beat Taylor twice, but there was no way Jonas won or drew yesterday.
            i actually had persoon beating her twice as well. But you knew she definitely wasn't gonna get a decision in the UK.
            Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

i actually had persoon beating her twice as well. But you knew she definitely wasn't gonna get a decision in the UK.
              The first fight was in NYC, I agree Persoon should have got the nod there. I thought Taylor did enough in the second fight.

Comment

Taylor is looking faded in her last few fights. Persoon beat her at least once, if not twice. And Linardatou and Jonas gave her much more trouble than they ought to have.

She's lucky she caught McCaskill when she was really, really green. After those five fights with Farias, Sanchez, and Braekhus I'd pick McCaskill to stop Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                  Taylor is looking faded in her last few fights. Persoon beat her at least once, if not twice. And Linardatou and Jonas gave her much more trouble than they ought to have.

She's lucky she caught McCaskill when she was really, really green. After those five fights with Farias, Sanchez, and Braekhus I'd pick McCaskill to stop Taylor.
                  I don't see her faded. I see her exposed.

She doesn't like it when you just go after her and make her uncomfortable, force her into a war.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Calvin View Post

The first fight was in NYC, I agree Persoon should have got the nod there. I thought Taylor did enough in the second fight.
                    yeah i knew the first fight was in NY, but still. hearn is her promoter. Serrano is gonna have to kill this woman to win by a point on the scorecard. And I like both. There are no female fighters I dislike. As for males, I pretty much dislike damn near every fighter from 135-heavyweight outside of guys at 154, 175, and CW

Comment

Working...
                    X