Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza: I Still Think It's Very Possible Jermall Charlo-Benavidez Happens Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza: I Still Think It's Very Possible Jermall Charlo-Benavidez Happens Next

Stephen Espinoza is optimistic regarding the possibility of putting together a Jermall Charlo-David Benavidez fight later this year. Espinoza, Showtime's president of sports and event programming, realizes it would be an ambitious move for Charlo to battle Benavidez in his first fight at the 168-pound limit. But if Canelo Alvarez beats Billy Joe Saunders on May 8 and boxes Caleb Plant in September, Espinoza explained during a recent appearance on Chris Mannix's Sports Illustrated boxing podcast that it could open up an opportunity to schedule a Charlo-Benavidez bout for late in 2021.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The problem would be getting Jermall to actually want to fight a threat

Comment

Charlo doesn't want it. That coward is content with fighting no name bums.

Comment

Beggingvidez is easy work for Charlo.

Comment

Impossible. Jermall didn`t want to fight Canelo. Why would he vacate his title for fighting a dangerous puncher in 168 non-title fight?
          TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

If Charlo goes to 168 and beats Benavidez he'll be 2nd on the list after Plant. Great fight and career move imo

Comment

With Garcia out, Fury/AJ kinda in limbo and no major fight for Crawford, SHO/PBC should be aggressive in putting on these types of fights.
              TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

It's time for Charlo to silence the haters he should unify 160 or step up to Benavidez either way he will be the winner and move on
                Kpmaryland Kpmaryland likes this.

Comment

The question is, why are they not fighting next? David can probably go by late summer and Charlo is taking on a fight with someone who he should not fight. Charlo needs to dump that fight and fight Benavides. If Charlo wants Canelo so bad, this is the opportunity that would put a ton of pressure on Canelo if he beats Benavides. I'm pretty sure it's not David who's holding this up, Charlo needs to man up and make this happen already, I mean Charlo is in his 30s already, and time is running out to do relevant in this sport, so what's the hold up Charlo?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                    The question is, why are they not fighting next? David can probably go by late summer and Charlo is taking on a fight with someone who he should not fight. Charlo needs to dump that fight and fight Benavides. If Charlo wants Canelo so bad, this is the opportunity that would put a ton of pressure on Canelo if he beats Benavides. I'm pretty sure it's not David who's holding this up, Charlo needs to man up and make this happen already, I mean Charlo is in his 30s already, and time is running out to do relevant in this sport, so what's the hold up Charlo?
                    I agree with you. But Charlo obviously doesn`t want to fight Canelo.

Charlo looked shot in Korobov fight. Imagine what can Canelo do to him?

To be honest, i don`t think Charlo has a chance to win.

Comment

Working...
                    X