Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Hearn's Matchroom To Part Ways With Sky Sports, Expand Partnership With DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news! Let’s hope Sky becomes an open platform again. MTK could easily fill the void Hearn will have left.

It will honestly be better for fans too. Instead guys like Whyte and Chisora being behind paywalls they’ll be on a subscription package presumably with other fights that same month. Better value clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      So the Joshua and Shyte fights most likely won't be on DAZN for US subscribers?
      I think it’ll be the other way round. You’ll get them but UK subscribers won’t.

You can have Whyte though, he won’t be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
        You say that but almost all of Hearn's shows on Sky Sports are PPV anyway so even for those with Sky it'll probably still work out cheaper.
        Anything half-decent on Sky gets put behinf a paywall. This is really a win-win IMO.

Comment

Congrats to Eddie! Seen this coming years ago though, good investment for DAZN they should have their APP in the UK where the best Boxing Fans are so this is the right investment.

Sucks for Sky though but if they can keep AJ that is the only thing that really matters, he is the Big Fish. They can always just use their Budget on more International Fights so SKY will be OK but I'm sure Adam Smith and the folks at Sky feel a bit betrayed though but if they can keep AJ then I'm sure they're OK with it

Comment

I don’t understand DAZN. There’s no tv channel for it so how TF do you access it and watch it. It’s ridiculous.

I already pay sky sports for the football so now u have to pay EXTRA for DAZN and then even EXTRA for PPV fights!! Oh HELL NAH!! Screw eddie screw DAZN!
            GucciGod GucciGod !-1 !-1 like this.

Comment

this will be the downfall of matchroom. he cant promote effectively without skys reach of the casual audience ( which is basically Matchrooms main audience)

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Why wouldn't they? They are DAZN fights for us even with them being on Sky PPV.
                DAZN would still have to work with Sky for the rights I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I think it’ll be the other way round. You’ll get them but UK subscribers won’t.

You can have Whyte though, he won’t be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    this will be the downfall of matchroom. he cant promote effectively without skys reach of the casual audience ( which is basically Matchrooms main audience)
                    It's a ballsy move for sure.

He must have assurances that DAZN UK are going to increase the production levels and soon acquire more popular sports in the UK.
                    It will probably start with the snooker and the darts tbf seeing as Matchroom run them both too, but I don't know when those TV rights are up for sale.

Comment

Big move, not surprising, Eddie is a stakeholder in DAZN which I think he’s only admitted once when pressed about it , so it was always on the cards. He might not be a major share holder but he has investment:

Anyway I’ll happily pay a tenner a month if the quality of fights is decent, UK and abroad.

Wonder where sky will go? Maybe that new Sauerland thing?

interesting Whyte isn’t part of the deal, I know he and Eddie work on a fight by fight basis, so it’s understandable he doesn’t have any exclusive broadcaster. Doesn’t mean he won’t fight on DAZN though, it’s likely he could still, just not set in stone.
                      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X