Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter-Hrgovic: Matchroom Boxing Wins Purse Bid For IBF Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Hearn presented a bid of $606,666'

is Edwin trying to show that he sold his soul to Beelzebub or summat?

good fight, hrgovic wins via late stoppage

Comment

I am looking forward this one. We already know much about Hunter, but we will find out about Hrgovic in this fight.

In case Hunter wins clearly, Hrgovic is not a real threat. But if Hrgovic is able to win a clean decision or knock Hunter out, he is a real contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Lone bidder...Isn’t Hunter American? Isn’t he like a second generation boxer? Why are no investment or interest in him from Americans?
        It is IBF eliminator, winner will probably fight Joshua -Fury winner in 2022. Obviously these guys are not seen as some world championship threats.

If Joshua -Fury winner vacates IBF belt, it will probably be Hrgovic/Hunter winner - Martin on PBC undercard.

Interesting, Joyce - DDD was much bigger fight.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

It’s clear he avoided this fight while on Dazn though with limited time there and after he was sent numerous contracts . The governing body ordered the fight. ,Hunter was in a few outlets claiming he wanted it after signing to a 3 fight deal in a non boxing network but now he’s in a position he can’t actually avoid it without giving up the opportunity to face A.J , one big problem is Hrgovic is far to big and hits far to hard and is actually a better boxer then Hunter . There’s reasons why he stalled this fight , you’ll see come fight night , it’s just an easy win in a top fight as you’ll get .

Theres a free win for you from Captain Obvious who has to point the obvious out to posters like you who can’t understand some boxers want easier roads to title shots .

When most think it’s a step up for Hrgovic ? No it’s really not ,it’s the other way around . You’re welcome .
          How is this clear? I mean... Ok its an opinion based on things you are aware of...Just wish you would make a distinction. Not saying it is an unreasonable opinion. And NO,most fighters goal is a title shot... That is really a stretch, I would question that logic. Does anyone have to explain the financial rewards for a title fight to you?

Comment

Part of me wants to see Hrgovic win, because I wanna see him fighting top dogs Fury and Joshua to see what is he made of.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

How is this clear? I mean... Ok its an opinion based on things you are aware of...Just wish you would make a distinction. Not saying it is an unreasonable opinion. And NO,most fighters goal is a title shot... That is really a stretch, I would question that logic. Does anyone have to explain the financial rewards for a title fight to you?
              So he fought no names to get closer to a title shot ? I already said he’s taking the fight bc that’s the only way he gets a title shot now , what are you talking about as usual ? Ha

https://youtu.be/S5MfUgaa8RQ

Comment

Good fight this, looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

It is IBF eliminator, winner will probably fight Joshua -Fury winner in 2022. Obviously these guys are not seen as some world championship threats.

If Joshua -Fury winner vacates IBF belt, it will probably be Hrgovic/Hunter winner - Martin on PBC undercard.

Interesting, Joyce - DDD was much bigger fight.
                  Joyce - DDD winner should have been an eliminator for putting their unbeaten record on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Joyce - DDD winner should have been an eliminator for putting their unbeaten record on the line.
                    Posters would still complain on defeating a prospect doesn’t warrant a title shot .

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Posters would still complain on defeating a prospect doesn’t warrant a title shot .
                      I know. I see a lot of Europeans putting their undefeated records on the line. Hrgovic could have turn his nose up on this fight too. And say Hunter is a nobody. Anyways let’s hope we get a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X