Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua: Hearn Gives Detailed Update on Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by super-x View Post

Yep. Crowds and site fees are all irrelevant to us, neither will alter the ppv price so who cares. Sooner the fight gets made the better, but more likely heading into Aug. Could be worse
    I do enjoy a packed house going crazy when the fighters are announced or crowd going crazy when a big punch or knockdown happens. I love the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
      some of this forum believe Wilder wins this fight ...

some of this forum believes that you're an idiot. Hearn and Arum better get things moving because Wilder does have a lawsuit filed.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        ridiculous to hold this fight during a pandemic. i get that careers have a finite shelf life but this fight will be here in a year or two when everyone has a covid vax and you can put 80k in a soccer stadium, or 15 k in MGM and have $100,000 ringside seats and do half a billion in gambling revenue
        Would this fight be here in a year or 2? Either one could get beaten in that time. Its too big of a risk to marinate this one much longer. Look at Wilder gambling on himself, batting away 120 million to play the long game yet here he is, beltless, inactive and crying conspiracy in to his autopsy report.

Its a shame there is a pandemic to make it all awkward but fights are still happening and this one should too.
        Akutalee and Boxviewer like this.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          some of this forum believes that you're an idiot. Hearn and Arum better get things moving because Wilder does have a lawsuit filed.
          LOL Wilder has a law suit? Well I hope it weighs less than 40lb or he may fall flat on his face again.
          Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

ridiculous to hold this fight during a pandemic. i get that careers have a finite shelf life but this fight will be here in a year or two when everyone has a covid vax and you can put 80k in a soccer stadium, or 15 k in MGM and have $100,000 ringside seats and do half a billion in gambling revenue
            We've seen what happens when dinosaurs like Arum, Finkel and Haymon wait, wait, wait, and wait ... for the perfect time to stage a big fight.

"Last year they offered us $15million. This year they offered us $100million. Next year the offers will be even higher" ~ Finkel, explaining why he thought Wilder was right to turn down $100million from DAZN to fight AJ.

Fury and AJ are itching to get at each other. I honestly believe they would rather fight for free than wait 2 years! Hearn has always followed the policy, "Strike while the iron is hot". We should be applauding Eddie for forcing this fight through against the odds, despite all the negativity coming from the other side.
            Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

LOL Wilder has a law suit? Well I hope it weighs less than 40lb or he may fall flat on his face again.
              Bwahahah!

And if he loses his case, he can always blame the racist US legal system.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post

I do enjoy a packed house going crazy when the fighters are announced or crowd going crazy when a big punch or knockdown happens. I love the atmosphere.
                Most definitely...couldnt agree more, but the reality of the sitcho is what it is, but to say we rather not see the fight till crowds or some other nonsensical thing is just absurd.
                Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Assuming this fight is in fact in Saudi it won't be an issue. Saudis have taken a hard line on covid from the beginning, with mandatory contact tracing apps that also track if you've been vaccinated. They'll probably just make getting into the venue contingent on having been vaxxed. Even if there's a reduced crowd I'm sure the money that the Saudis are putting up will more thank make up the difference. At the end of the day I really don't give a **** about how many people there are at the event, just that these are clearly the two best heavyweights right now and that they can fight right now and we can have a true heavyweight champion. Better that than having the both of them sat with their thumbs up their asses for even longer.
                  Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

On the 21st of June, most of the vaccines will have been distributed (all of the vulnerable will have received it) and the UK should have pretty much all restrictions removed. Large events will be allowed as long as the vaccines don't fail to prevent people from getting seriously ill or fails to protect against mutations etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...before-21-june

It would be incredibly risky but I think a packed out stadium in the UK isn't impossible. And it's not like Wembley is going to be fully booked, that's the biggest event possible they could have on. Though from the sounds of it, it'll be over in the middle east.

Comment

With the site fee the live gate doesn’t matter. They can do it in an empty stadium if need be (hopefully not though.) Glad they are doing it now so there’s a better chance of a rematch happening before the end of the year.
                      Where is all those Wilder stand saying the arbitration case will stop this fight? Are they still on that bill?

Comment

Working...
                      X