Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Freddie Roach the worst trainer to ever exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Freddie Roach the worst trainer to ever exist?

Skip the outrageous title, but I do bring up a good point.

Freddie Roach sucks. Straight up. Other than Pacquiao, Roach hasn't trained any legends. Toney doesn't count because his best work was with other trainers. This dude always be talking ****, and then backtracking. We've seen it with pac vs mayweather and countless other times. This fool just said that Askren would knock out jake paul in one round and the exact opposite happens. What gives?

Side note, i always find it hilarious how Roach be lowkey ****ting on Pacquiao's best wins. He admitted that he knew hoya was drained so he told pac to go right away. He admitted that Mosley was too dangerous for pac until he looked like **** against mayweather and mora. And how Thurman looked like a 4 round righter after Josesito.

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post
    Skip the outrageous title, but I do bring up a good point.

Freddie Roach sucks. Straight up. Other than Pacquiao, Roach hasn't trained any legends. Toney doesn't count because his best work was with other trainers. This dude always be talking ****, and then backtracking. We've seen it with pac vs mayweather and countless other times. This fool just said that Askren would knock out jake paul in one round and the exact opposite happens. What gives?

Side note, i always find it hilarious how Roach be lowkey ****ting on Pacquiao's best wins. He admitted that he knew hoya was drained so he told pac to go right away. He admitted that Mosley was too dangerous for pac until he looked like **** against mayweather and mora. And how Thurman looked like a 4 round righter after Josesito.
    Roach has helped countless fighters who lost because of their own weaknesses not roaches.(I used to be very critical of him but hes proven hes a excellent trainer imo) he revived Rosado enough to look good for the 1st time ever in his career v Jacobs.

Comment

What do the win results say i dont know just asking , how many of his fighters win and how many lose across the board from amateurs to his top pros , that number will tell if he is a good trainer or not, a trainers superstars are more a case of who walked through the door instead not the training, but those wins and losses across the board will tell the tale.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

Roach has helped countless fighters who lost because of their own weaknesses not roaches.(I used to be very critical of him but hes proven hes a excellent trainer imo) he revived Rosado enough to look good for the 1st time ever in his career v Jacobs.
        Idk maybe it's just me. Rosado vs Jacobs was a close fight. i wouldn't say Rosado looked good though LOL. Just that jacobs absolutely gave no **** about the fight.

What fighters would you say have benefitted from Roach? Sans Pacquiao of course.

Comment

Freddie Roach was trained by the legendary Eddie Futch.

Futch prepared fighters to perform at the highest levels of the sport for several decades. Champions who worked under Futch's tutelage include Joe Frazier, Larry Holmes, Riddick Bowe, Michael Spinks, Alexis Arguello, Marlon Starling, Wayne McCullough, Montell Griffin, and his first world champion fighter, Don Jordan, who was crowned world welterweight champion in 1958.

Notable boxers trained by Freddie is like a who who's of boxing, Vanes Martirosyan, Jean Pascal, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Israel Vazquez, Ray Beltran, Andy Ruiz Jr, Gerry Penalosa,Miguel Cotto, Alberto Machado, Ruslan Provodnikov, Wladimir Klitschko, Viktor Postol, Amir Khan, Wayne McCullough, Bernard Hopkins, Daniel Jacobs, James Toney, Johnny Tapia, Marlon Starling, Michael Moorer, Jose Ramírez, Mickey Rourke, Mike Tyson, Oscar De La Hoya and Virgil Hill. I'm sure I forgot a few.

So why the hate on Freddie?
          Last edited by TJ highway; 04-18-2021, 02:20 AM.

Comment

- -Oozy oozing pus while being Trillerized rather unseemly it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

Oh this is definitely a highlight for Roach. Rosado arguably should have won that fight.

But I see OP's point. Outside of Pacquiao, Roach hasn't looked great. Which still puts him far above the worst ever but yea
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-18-2021, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
                Freddie Roach was trained by the legendary Eddie Futch.

Futch prepared fighters to perform at the highest levels of the sport for several decades. Champions who worked under Futch's tutelage include Joe Frazier, Larry Holmes, Riddick Bowe, Michael Spinks, Alexis Arguello, Marlon Starling, Wayne McCullough, Montell Griffin, and his first world champion fighter, Don Jordan, who was crowned world welterweight champion in 1958.

Notable boxers trained by Freddie is like a who who's of boxing, Vanes Martirosyan, Jean Pascal, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Israel Vazquez, Ray Beltran, Andy Ruiz Jr, Gerry Penalosa,Miguel Cotto, Alberto Machado, Ruslan Provodnikov, Wladimir Klitschko, Viktor Postol, Amir Khan, Wayne McCullough, Bernard Hopkins, Daniel Jacobs, James Toney, Johnny Tapia, Marlon Starling, Michael Moorer, Jose Ramírez, Mickey Rourke, Mike Tyson, Oscar De La Hoya and Virgil Hill. I'm sure I forgot a few.

So why the hate on Freddie?
                Most of the names you listed, Roach was there for like a fight maybe 2.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Most of the names you listed, Roach was there for like a fight maybe 2.
                  exactly...Roach hasn't given the juice to anyone

Comment

you can't blame roach if you are a weak fighter.. no matter who is your trainer. even if your trainer is the best, the fighter would still lose if they don't have the discipline, urge, goal, sacrifices and especially the body of a warrior. let's take pac for example.. he trains ultra hard, disciplined and motivated that is the reason he was the Goat. but if you lack that mindset like his then no trainer can ever put you in the top. pac can go to any trainer and make them look the best.. it boils down to the willingness of the fighter. he could go to robert garcia, mayweather sr, etc and can still make them look the best trainer.

you trained your power but your body lacks of speed.
                    you trained your speed but your body lacks of power
                    you trained both but you don't have the intelligence..
                    you would still lose..

there are fighters that were trained properly but the fighter didn't execute the game plan coz they get pissed off and that's not the trainers problem.

fighters now are like divas who just want a big payday, wants the A side. they should be fighting the best out there.. these divas are not yet tested and even amateurs are imitating them.. so no wonder if this generation fighter are too soft and weak.. blame the trainers if they didn't push their fighters to the extreme level. just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X