Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got this NAGGIN FEELIING that floyd's gona lose!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
    Floyd looked like a killer, its true, but doing that against Gerena and doing that against Juan Manuel ****ing Marquez are two very different things.
    Exactly. JMM aint no Gerena.

Platano man just has his head shoved so far up Floyds colon that he can't see the forrest from the trees.

You guys better have the tissues handy on the 19th when JMM' dismantles him.

Comment

You got that right!! Floyd will lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Peek_A_Boo View Post
        Don't know why. Just got a feeling. Never had it b4 and i been watching floyd since corrales fight!!!!
        Floyd Sr. still doesn't like that his brother, Roger, trains his son, and disagrees with some of the preparation for the Sept. 19 Juan Manuel Marquez fight.

"I don't care who you are, you're going to lose something when you step away from that ring," he said. "Little Floyd's looking pretty good but he doesn't have Marquez in front of him right now. The one great advantage he has is his speed. But he wasn't using that the other day. I'm not trying to say one thing and then another. That stuff Roger's doing, he's going to make the fight real, real hard for my son. You can't stand right in front of a guy in the corner. Especially the Hispanic fighters. That's what they want you to do.

"The thing is, you train the way you fight. That's my only problem with the whole situation. I'm not trying to have no more disturbance with my son but I know what's right and what's wrong."

He mentions training twists he dislikes but tries not to fret if ignored.

"I'm more concerned with having the relationship with my son than telling my son what's going wrong," he said.

We will see what happens come Sept. 19.

Comment

Originally posted by writeright View Post
          Floyd Sr. still doesn't like that his brother, Roger, trains his son, and disagrees with some of the preparation for the Sept. 19 Juan Manuel Marquez fight.

"I don't care who you are, you're going to lose something when you step away from that ring," he said. "Little Floyd's looking pretty good but he doesn't have Marquez in front of him right now. The one great advantage he has is his speed. But he wasn't using that the other day. I'm not trying to say one thing and then another. That stuff Roger's doing, he's going to make the fight real, real hard for my son. You can't stand right in front of a guy in the corner. Especially the Hispanic fighters. That's what they want you to do.

"The thing is, you train the way you fight. That's my only problem with the whole situation. I'm not trying to have no more disturbance with my son but I know what's right and what's wrong."

He mentions training twists he dislikes but tries not to fret if ignored.

"I'm more concerned with having the relationship with my son than telling my son what's going wrong," he said.

We will see what happens come Sept. 19.
          that worries me.

Comment

Everytime Floyd fights he puts everything on the line, he won't lose without a fight.

If he loses I hope it's because Marquez was the betterman that night than Mayweather not performing well.

Comment

I think people forget Marquez was also a better fighter back then. I think prime vs prime and p4p Marquez is the better fighter. But he may be too small and old to pull this one out.

Comment

Marquez appears to have a very healthy and encouraging 'nothing to lose' attitude about this fight. He's calm and collected but extremely determined, but he knows that the outcome could go either way and losing is something already familiar to him - even getting stopped. Unlike Hatton in December '07, however, he doesn't have it all to lose.

With Hatton, he had absolutely everything in his whole life riding on a win over Mayweather - and his world subsequently came tumbling down when he couldn't pull it off. If Marquez loses, he knows he'll still be the man at 135 and that everyone around 130-140 will still want to fight him. Hence, his career is by no means over. From the sounds of it from Hatton, he acted as though his life had no more meaning after a loss. Bad.

As for Mayweather... well, he doesn't know what it's like to lose. It's that old notion where someone with an "0" on their record doesn't know what he'll do when that number looks likely, or has turned into, the dreaded "1". Hence, I don't think he's even preparing himself for that possibility to begin with. Hence, he may not be as determined as Marquez - who won't have anything to lose, and will thus be more dangerous as a result.

We'll see.

Comment

This fight galls me. I'd luv to see JMM pull off the win somehow.

Comment

Working...
                  X