Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Juan Macias Montiel To Headline Showtime Telecast June 19 In Houston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey its Jermall and the PBC, Were ppl expecting any better? They did their clout chasing, we all know when a PBC fighter talks tough about somebody the PBC fanboys virtually recognise it as a fight win.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

Funny how many times ppl remind them that little Charlo confirmed it or even post the proof just for them to ignore and go into another thread and say the same chit.

Truth and proof doesn't work in their favour so they just pretend it's not a thing.
      I would continue to remind them, get it through their thick skulls. You can make excuses about De la coca but you cannot make any about his own twin brother ratting him out. Not only that but the fact that this is his 6/7 fights at 160 and he still hasn’t fought anyone, he called out everyone over the last 6 months and what do we get? Montiel a guy that KO a Kirkland who is coming off prison, beatings and owe money to a lot of people, so has to be a punching bag for anyone.

Boo Boo is offering 7m, he is even willing to take less money to go over to PBC to have that unification but they would not any offers nor would they entertain any offers from Boo Boo, Charlo resume tells you all we need to know. You saw the scheduled and it’s all in-house PBC fights. So again they would not allow their boxers to fight anyone else from any prominent promotion.... Hence why Crawford doesn’t want to know anymore.
      kushking likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        Hey its Jermall and the PBC, Were ppl expecting any better? They did their clout chasing, we all know when a PBC fighter talks tough about somebody the PBC fanboys virtually recognise it as a fight win.
        Yep, it’s how they recognise Ortiz’s win over Whyte.
        DaNeutral. likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

I would continue to remind them, get it through their thick skulls. You can make excuses about De la coca but you cannot make any about his own twin brother ratting him out. Not only that but the fact that this is his 6/7 fights at 160 and he still hasn’t fought anyone, he called out everyone over the last 6 months and what do we get? Montiel a guy that KO a Kirkland who is coming off prison, beatings and owe money to a lot of people, so has to be a punching bag for anyone.

Boo Boo is offering 7m, he is even willing to take less money to go over to PBC to have that unification but they would not any offers nor would they entertain any offers from Boo Boo, Charlo resume tells you all we need to know. You saw the scheduled and it’s all in-house PBC fights. So again they would not allow their boxers to fight anyone else from any prominent promotion.... Hence why Crawford doesn’t want to know anymore.
          Jermall Charlo is a clown. If he wanted fights, he knows what he HAS TO SAY for industry headlines, “We’ll make them an offer.” For the fights you truly want, you holler an offer. Of course Charlo doesn’t have the resources/funding for a Canelo fight, especially because his investor/employer wouldn’t front the money regardless if it were PPV. In essence Haymon would be doing Canelo a favor with promotion and it being a Canelo show!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

His twin brother confirmed it.
            WOW! I didn't see that! I like his twin brother more than him!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

His own bother confirmed it. And Charlo never denied it. Oscar is many things, but when it comes to boxing or making deals, he rarely lies.
              I'm not so sure about that! Ask Canelo! Plus, I see a lot of his guys signing with "advisers" recently! I don't think they trust him anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                Who do you guys want him to fight. Canelo and GGG have both ran from him
                He called out Benavidez, then ran away when David responded.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

Yeah, he's sitting at #1 in the WBA rankings and with Kalle doing some PBC fights in Japan, I wonder if Eubank/Murata could be coming down the line...
                  That would be a great fight stylistically.

I could also see Hearn trying to resurrect Golovkin-Eubank if crowds successfully return in the UK.

Comment

Another beautiful mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post

This part of your post is Garbage.

You say the two Charlo keep looking for Canelo fight but never unify? Rubbish. Jermell is signed to fight Castano for all the belts at 154lbs. How is that not unifying when you are unifying the entire division?

Spence has made it clear from the start that he has every intention of unifying 147lbs, that means fighting Crawford too.

He made it clear he would clean out his side and then go for the wbo that Crawford has on the other side, and that is EXACTLY what he has been doing. He fighting Ugas next for the WBA and then he will go after Crawford. He has done everything he has said he will so far so to doubt him is completely unfounded.

You might be confused because he has been dismissive of Crawford lately, but that just means you aint been paying attention.

When Spence was out from the Car Crash, he repeatedly stated, when asked about his next three fights, that it was Danny Garcia (Mandatory), Pacman (WBA, and Terrence Crawford in that order.

As soon as Manny Pac was stripped and Ugas was elevated, what did he do?

He called out Ugas that very same day and they i formally agreed to fight for the WBA, WBC, and IBF unfication.

What defaq does that tell you? Spence is a man of his word. He said wanted all the belts on his side, and said Ugas is a good fighter but won't call him out unless he gets in his way. People said he was ducking Ugas, but what happened when Ugas got in his way? He immediately called him out, like he said he would.

Spencw to Ugas: "All you had to do was have something that I want"

Now back to Crawford. As I mentioned already, Spence repeatedly mentioned Crawford as his desired opponent after beating Danny and beating Manny/now Ugas for the WBA belt.

But then he all of a sudden stopped mentioning Crawfo3d and became dismissive of Crawford, and yawl call him a duck didn’t of that because yawl are stupid.

That shieet didnt just happen out of nowhere!

Crawford is the one who said "Spence and his little career" are irrelevant to him, that the Spence fight was unimportant and Spence was nothing special and that he didn't care about or want the Spence fight anymore.

It is directly after Crawford himself dismissed Spence that Spence in turn started dismissing him.

Now I personally think both want the fight, I don't think Crawford said that because he didn't want the fight, he was trying to play mind games. By dismissing Spence's importance, he thought he would be able to get the leverage he wanted so that he can get the 50/50 split he wanted. He wanted to downplay Spence's clout so that he can negotiate from a higher position.

However, his plan backfired because Spence completely dismissed him and changed his tune from 60/40 to 70/30. He now won't even mention Crawford because he wants to SHOW Crawford who really is the irrelevant one.

Crawford realised he shot himself in the foot and started begging again after initially dismissing Spence. But I suspect Spence will continue to ignore him now until at least he has unified with Ugas.

Crawford doesn't want that though, he wants that fight now because the longer he waits the more leverage Spence has because he continues to fight top opponents and unify belts. Spence wants it when he has all the leverge so that he doesn't get screwed by Bob.

Bon tried to screw Money Mayweather for years before he conceded to 60/40 with May even though May was clearly A-side over pac.

Spence aint having that, which is why he is collecting all the belts before he negotiates with em.

you have me mistaken for someone I am not. I support Spence and know what he is doing. However, after he beats Ugas and Bud doesn’t fight him the only option is to move up.

moving up to 154 means fighting a Charlo. He’s friends with both, he isn’t going to fight them.

Jumping 154 to 160 is the same thing. He won’t fight Charlo, GGG isn’t trying to fight anyone, and the Japanese dude will probably lose his belt by then.

charlo at 160 wants Canelo but hasn’t unified.

charlo at 154, you say he is signed to unify, great stuff but again.... once you unify, you typically move up or take a big fight.

the biggest fight is Canelo in his range, he isn’t fighting his brother at 160, and he isn’t fighting Spence, the next best fight.

so again, in a few years. Maybe 2 years, from 147-160 the game is gonna suck because those three will not fight each other and Canelo isn’t fighting any Charlo bro, and Spence is a long shot because Spence wants 160 and Canelo said he is not fighting 160 anymore.

so, back to my original point, it’s gonna suck.

Comment

Working...
                      X