Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis-Lipinets Averaged 187,000 Viewers; Showtime's Telecast Peaked At 206,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate when ESPN, FOX & SHO have a card full of unknowns or should I say unknowns to casuals, of course the numbers are gonna suck. It’s not even worth the article. People aren’t tuning in because these cards get little to no promo or the general public has no idea who the fighters are. The only people who tuned into this were die hard boxing enthusiasts, which is also pretty sad but whatever.

Comment

Bad numbers, GREAT show! Ancajas vs. Rodriguez was on FIRE! GREAT performance by Boots!
      Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Or could it be the name of the headliner Jaron Ennis being the reason for the low viewership? Exactly who even knows this guy? He's just a young prospect who is on the rise that is not quite yet known.
        The entire card was all action but I agree Boots isnt widely known. It was a good night for boxing whether you watched ESPN or Showtime. I personally watched the Showtime card occasionally flipping to ESPN but either way it was a good fight night in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Bad numbers, GREAT show! Ancajas vs. Rodriguez was on FIRE! GREAT performance by Boots!
          The entire card was awesome. The numbers dont reflect the performance at all but Boots is still not a global name so no suprise with the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

The entire card was awesome. The numbers dont reflect the performance at all but Boots is still not a global name so no suprise with the numbers
            Just another excuse NOT to fight him!

Comment

Real or Not: Jaron Ennis deserves a title fight at welterweight

Rothstein: Yes, Ennis deserves a shot at this point, but not against either Terrence Crawford or Errol Spence. Ennis' shot should come against WBA title holder Yordenis Ugas (or, I guess, Jamal James depending how you view the different world titles within the WBA -- but that's another conversation for another day).

Ennis (27-0, 25 KO) has consistently knocked out his opponents whenever he steps into the ring, including a sixth-round knockout of Sergey Lipinets on Saturday night. He hasn't reached a decision since 2017 (a unanimous decision against James Winchester) and only has gone the distance in two of his 28 fights. The only reason he doesn't have a massive knockout streak going is because his Dec. 19, 2020 fight against Chris van Heerden ended in a no-decision after an accidental head butt.

But no matter, it's time for Ennis to get his chance to fight for a championship. Ugas makes the most sense for Ennis -- he's probably the most vulnerable of the three current title holders -- and the winner should set up well to take on either Spence or Crawford in a unification big-time fight either at the end of 2021 or early in 2022.

Of course, boxing is fickle and promoting and lining up the fights that should happen doesn't always happen, but Ennis has done his part to give himself a chance to win a belt. Along with Vergil Ortiz Jr., they have a chance to become the next stars of their division since they are both only 23 years old.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ves-title-shot

Jaron Ennis and Vergil Ortiz look to shake up boxing's stagnant welterweight division

For years, Crawford and Errol Spence Jr. have been the dominant welterweights but have never seemed close to securing the big fight against each other. Ennis and Ortiz's recent victories indicate that the division is headed toward a much-needed reboot...

The earnestness from Ortiz and Ennis is what makes them particularly refreshing. It's reminiscent of Teofimo Lopez's willingness to take on Vasily Lomachenko in 2020, a risk that resulted in Lopez winning three of the four lightweight belts and a victory over one of boxing's best pound-for-pound fighters...

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...eight-division
              Last edited by Bronx2245; 04-14-2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

The ratings being low isn't just because Ennis is unknown...Which is true. But even Broner did bad ratings and he used to always be a top draw.

SHO's boxing ratings have plummeted and I know for apps like those it is not just about Nielson ratings, I would think the higher ups would like to see an increase there.

Charlo vs Castano can be the start of that but really I guess you would need to put Tank or Spence on SHO to see if the ratings still stay low with those two.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  The ratings being low isn't just because Ennis is unknown...Which is true. But even Broner did bad ratings and he used to always be a top draw.

SHO's boxing ratings have plummeted and I know for apps like those it is not just about Nielson ratings, I would think the higher ups would like to see an increase there.

Charlo vs Castano can be the start of that but really I guess you would need to put Tank or Spence on SHO to see if the ratings still stay low with those two.
                  That's the only logical thing. Put Spence or Tank on regular Showtime and not PPV to see how the numbers look.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

That's the only logical thing. Put Spence or Tank on regular Showtime and not PPV to see how the numbers look.
                    Won't happen, unless they take a big loss or their name value drops.

Tank is fighting Barrios on PPV and Spence is fighting Ugas on PPV.

Comment

I agree last Sat was a very good day of boxing DAZN had a WAR between the Blonde bomber vs Courtenay Benn blasted some dude.Showtime Ancajas fight was a WAR , Boots impressed .ESPN Smith vs Vlasov was a WAR , Ajagba and BIG Baby impressed ..None of these cards was for the casuals , numbers won't look "good".
                      Last edited by Brother Mouzone; 04-14-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X