Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-Javier Fortuna WBC Interim Title Fight Set For July 9 On DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fight for Ryan Garcia. Fortuna is no joke. I think will be by far the most powerful opponent that Ryan has faced.

If Ryan is successful my guess Ryan will be following in Oscar's footsteps and fighting pay per view next.

Comment

So....Haney and Garcia basically switched opponents! Nice move and competitive matchups for both guys!

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post

Garcia won't fight Haney after.
        I think he will

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Davis should fight for the WBC Diamond belt and then we've completed the circle
          That would be interesting, four acclaimed kings holding trinkets

Comment

Very good fight for Ryan! Fortuna will be tricky and will give Ryan some problems early, but he's too small at 135 and he's been stopped before at 130 so his durability against someone bigger with power is questionable so golden boy know what they're doing. Still a good fight for his development.

Waiting 7 months between fights though is a bit too long for someone at this stage of his career, they should keep him more active but I'm still looking forward to this one.

Comment

Its crazy that ryan and haney ended up fighting each others opponents. Ryan taking ththe tougher one and haney taking the easier one

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                Styles wise, very dangerous fight for Ryan. Fortuna can fight, has power and is very awkward. This will be much harder thab the Campbell fight. Wouldn't be shocked if he loses.
                Ryan can't box. He's a mad bomber, he uses his speed to jump in and blow things up. His counters probably hurt too, but he's easy to find. He doesn't move his head and he's getting away with other defects, so far. Fortuna has better boxing skills, without a doubt. This is a good test for Ryan, he might learn a thing or two.

Comment

I just can't get over the fact that Ryan Garcia is fighting Fortuna instead of Haney! He can't use the excuse that "Haney don't sell," because he would sell more than Fortuna! Damn shame!

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Davis should fight for the WBC Diamond belt and then we've completed the circle
                    I would rather Tank fight Issac "Pitbull" Cruz, than Mario Barrios @ 140!

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post

Garcia won't fight Haney after.
                      There’s a big difference between being handed a belt and calling people out and calling people out and actually stepping up in competition. Haney’s opposition record at the time he was hand wrapped an email title was 185-150. He has yet to face a live body. Yet in today’s Social Media vapid commentary that’s all it takes anymore, yap yap yap while accomplishing little. His next fight while interesting is with a boxer that’s long past his days of competitiveness. Haney is skilled but with all the talking he truly is the inside joke amongst fighters in the division. While all those around him have stepped up to capture titles he continues to fight less than worthy competition then calls out other fighters.

The other contenders continue to laugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X