Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Haymon make huge Philly Classic with Swift Garcia vs Ennis at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

al had espinoza pass on a wilder fight and he took that thing right over to fox didnt he? think he wouldnt do the same with tank? or take tank over to DAZN even? i mean he let danny go to DAZN when the money was too good to pass up.....i think we could go back on forth on this and compare situations and all of that and still come up with nothing ....i just dont think haymon is doing any favors for anyone unless theres something in it for him...ie getting something from espinoza down the line or getting some kind of relationship with ennis

if ennis was with haymon guys would fight him...if haymon told them to and the money was right....absolutely....but for ennis to get a porter or danny or someone like that the money would have to be right for porter or danny...thats the tough part....you tell danny "heres 2.5 for you to fight ennis...you lose and your career prob over"...you think danny is going to love that when he could prob match himself up against an older/bigger name for more money?!?! thats why those fights are tough to make....
    I'm not sure about what you are saying at all. Why are you bringing up Wilder going to FOX? What does that have to do with Ennis?

Haymon definitely needs SHO since FOX doesn't have the dates nor the budget to satisfy the stable alone...And who knows how long FOX will be in the PBC business.

No one can force Ennis to sign with Haymon if he doesn't want to...I just know that he has a SHO deal and even if he was Haymon he wouldn't be getting the Porter/DSG fights until he gets a title. If Spence didn't beat Brook and eventually Mikey and did good PPV numbers, he wasn't even in the conversation to fight the likes of Thurman, DSG or Porter....So if Ennis becomes a mandatory and then wins a title, he will get the fights he needs.

Comment

point being...ok cam dunkin was a very good manager...hes out of that game and got tired of it because once he got to a certain point with fighters they dumped him in favor of more powerful voices(case in point tim bradley...which dunkin said is the guy that caused him to quit managing).....now dunkin might make an ok promoter....but if ennis wants to take his career to the next level how does he do it?

does he ride out with cam dunkin as his promoter? or does he align himself, with the help of dunkin, with a guy that has guided erroll spence and tank davis and is mostly responsible for the monster that was floyd? i think i know where the smart money goes.....

Comment

I like the suspense theory in this thread. What if Ennis’ endgame was to use Haymon’s platform to just sign with Eddie Hearn and go to DAZN! Lol. Espinoza needs advisory, that’s Haymon’s part

Comment

point being...ok cam dunkin was a very good manager...hes out of that game and got tired of it because once he got to a certain point with fighters they dumped him in favor of more powerful voices(case in point tim bradley...which dunkin said is the guy that caused him to quit managing).....now dunkin might make an ok promoter....but if ennis wants to take his career to the next level how does he do it?

does he ride out with cam dunkin as his promoter? or does he align himself, with the help of dunkin, with a guy that has guided erroll spence and tank davis and is mostly responsible for the monster that was floyd? i think i know where the smart money goes.....
          You are all over the place here. This isn't about what Ennis should or shouldn't do........But what the current situation is....Which is he has a deal with SHO and not Haymon. Can or will that eventually change? Perhaps, but that isn't the case right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

You are all over the place here. This isn't about what Ennis should or shouldn't do........But what the current situation is....Which is he has a deal with SHO and not Haymon. Can or will that eventually change? Perhaps, but that isn't the case right now.
            im not all over the place...and i generally usually agree with you...not trying to pick a fight...but where is haymon obiligated to give ennis one of his fighters to use as a stepping stone? because ennis has a showtime deal ? i dont think so....and hes not even obligated to do that as a favor to espinoza in reality...sure if he wants to barter a favor for a favor down the line or feels he already owes him one for a prior favor....but because ennis is signed with showtime doesnt mean haymon has to help him out...haymon can take guys elsewhere...if haymon comes with a fight for tank and espinoza doesnt want to pay for it what do you think happens?

cam dunkin alone aint going to get ennis to the tank or spence stage....its going to take someone bigger than that...and haymon has an aging crop of WWs...2+2
            Last edited by Curt Henning; 04-11-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

im not all over the place...and i generally usually agree with you...not trying to pick a fight...but where is haymon obiligated to give ennis one of his fighters to use as a stepping stone? because ennis has a showtime deal ? i dont think so....and hes not even obligated to do that as a favor to espinoza in reality...sure if he wants to barter a favor for a favor down the line or feels he already owes him one for a prior favor....but because ennis is signed with showtime doesnt mean haymon has to help him out...haymon can take guys elsewhere...if haymon comes with a fight for tank and espinoza doesnt want to pay for it what do you think happens?
              Haymon isn't obligated to do anything for Ennis, correct. But Ennis having a deal with SHO means he will be able to get some PBC fighters. SHO is putting the money up for the fights, NOT Haymon. If Espinoza comes up to Haymon and tells him he will pay Lopez a million to fight Ennis, what's going to happen then? But I haven't even mentioned Ennis getting the big PBC names yet because I don't think that would happen even if he was signed with Haymon...Ennis is too big of a risk with not enough reward at the moment. Teofimo was able to get a belt and then got the Lomachenko fight. Ennis will need to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Haymon isn't obligated to do anything for Ennis, correct. But Ennis having a deal with SHO means he will be able to get some PBC fighters. SHO is putting the money up for the fights, NOT Haymon. If Espinoza comes up to Haymon and tells him he will pay Lopez a million to fight Ennis, what's going to happen then? But I haven't even mentioned Ennis getting the big PBC names yet because I don't think that would happen even if he was signed with Haymon...Ennis is too big of a risk with not enough reward at the moment. Teofimo was able to get a belt and then got the Lomachenko fight. Ennis will need to do the same.
                i agree ennis is too much risk without reward...which is why i was mentioning "the money would have to be right" for the a-side guys in that situation.....but the point is that haymon doesnt have to give ennis pbc guys....he can put them up against each other if he chooses and doesnt have to put them in fights with ennis.....and if haymon wants he can take his fighters somewhere else....which is why it would seem that if ennis wants to further his career it would seem like he'd probably have to sign his name somewhere on a piece of paper with haymon

teo got a belt and a loma fight because he was under bob arum...and so was loma....

if ennis wants his career to take off and be spence/tank it would seem cam dunkin can only take him so far

Comment

Working...
                X