Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Herring: Stevenson Fight Is Big, Would Pay Well; Valdez Fight Makes More Sense Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post

I have to laugh because I’m not quite understanding your logic. If I fight Valdez I’d without a doubt be the #1 guy, a TWO TIME world champion, and lineal champion, but I’m sorry if God blessed me with my frame. It’s called WEIGHT classes, not height classes in boxing.
    I guess thats true but if you beat Stevenson you write your own future paychecks and your rep rises. You'd be my new favorite fighter. If you beat Oscar its probably because of your size.
    Congrats on your victory over Frampton.
    Last edited by Wacked_Out; 04-07-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post

I guess thats true but if you beat Stevenson you write your own future paychecks and your rep rises. You'd be my new favorite fighter. If you beat Oscar its probably because of your size.
      Congrats on your victory over Frampton.
      If Herring beats Valdez, it will be because Herring is a more gifted outside boxer with a more solid chin than Berchelt. FYI, Berchelt flat out ducked Herring.

Comment

You tell them Champ. Right now Valdez is a much more proven fighter, and just beat the Boogie Man of 130 in brutal fashion. To beat him is to beat the Man at 130. Shakur may be the Man later, but is not at present time. To say that you're scared of Shakur, but not Valdez is just silly.

Comment

All too often the business people don't want title unification. I think boxers mostly want it. To be No.1. I'd like see Herring v Valdez with a certainty that the winner had to fight Shakur.

Comment

Look Like A Duck, Quack Like A Duck, Must Be A......

Comment

I like both fights so whichever route you take I look forward to watching it.
              "red "red likes this.

Comment

Boxing has become too political and I say that because Stevenson was never negative towards him as he was preparing to fight Frampton, and to be honest if you in my weight class and we not in the same gym being trained by the same trainer, fuk that either you will eat or I will eat better. These fighters today are some confused PMF’ers! What happened to I’m kicking whoever ass!

Comment

He doesnt like to be criticized calling people 'idiots', took 2 loses at LW, came down to 130 to fight guys who are moving up from 126, Tank's strategy, i imagine if Loma comes down to 130 to kick your asses, he'll be boycotted probably

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
                    By the way, I appreciate everyone on here who shows love, because once in awhile you’ll get idiots on here who’ll twist your words and say nonsense that you’re scared. How many top fighters actually take time to even interact with everyone? I do it out of the love of the sport and good people, but I also understand why athletes don’t communicate, because of nonsense. I guess winning another world title from a legitimate opponent, means I’m scared of everyone else though.
                    Don't listen to them idiots. They contradict themselves and say things that are clearly insane. Going after Valdez makes perfect sense considering it's a much bigger fight and the fact you haven't got long left in the game so want to do as much as possible while your name is out there.

Congratulations on travelling and beating Frampton too, champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post

Ppl critisizing and complaining because you're taking the easy routes, at this point of your career you still have 5'5 122 and 126 pounder, old and shot Frampton as your best win, and now you're looking for another 5'5 career featherweight to fight, step it up and do your mando fighting Shakur, you'll get more praise
                      Why wouldn't he take the Frampton fight though? Yes, Frampton was done, but it gave Herring a platform to get his name out there.

Valdez is the number 1 at the weight. Are you saying everybody should not fight him because he came from Feather? Is that what you want to happen? The number 1 not getting fights because you think he's "Smaller"?

Silly.

Comment

Working...
                      X