Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton Goes Out On His Shield In Farewell Fight Against Jamel Herring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton Goes Out On His Shield In Farewell Fight Against Jamel Herring

By Corey Erdman - If ever there was a fighter who deserved a better ending than they got, it was Carl Frampton. Deserve is a tricky word within boxing, a sport which can present as a meritocracy but in actuality is controlled by the whimsies of a select few. Every inch in boxing is indeed earned, but sometimes a few more can be tacked on or taken away by the powers-that-be.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Apparently it hurts him the most cuz now he can't shove "I'm the best Irish fighter ever" up McGuigan's arse.

Comment

What wonderful news to start the week! Carl Fraudton has left boxing! YEEEPEEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

What wonderful news to start the week! Carl Fraudton has left boxing! YEEEPEEE!!!
        you're a sad individual - both Frampton and Herring have mountains more character than you have, or will ever have.

Comment

I respect Frampton's career but when he, Quigg and Leo Santa Cruz were campaigning at 122 back in 2013-15 not ONE of the three would even mention the name of Rigo - they all knew they couldn't lay a glove on him.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

you're a sad individual - both Frampton and Herring have mountains more character than you have, or will ever have.
            And money, and achievements...trolls like this douche should be banned from the forum.

Comment

The Jackal was a fighter willing to consistently take the toughest fights, at his own risk, even in the autumn of his career.
              I respect Carl but he definitely ducked the other Jackal

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

This right here

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Possibly. But I don't hold it against him, pro boxing is all about the money hence why it's called prize fighting. It wasn't just Frampton, nobody wanted to fight Rigo and for good reason, he was high risk, had an unattractive style and generated little interest outside the hardcore community. He didn't seem to care either, he wanted big fights but without doing much to make people want to watch him. You can focus on what Frampton didn't do, or focus on what he did, which, like you implied, I think was quite a respectable career​​​​​​

Comment

Frampton is clearly a good fighter, could move very well, has basic fundamentals mastered. He should not quit. He was just outgunned by the bigger and taller fighter. IMO Frampton “looked” better than Herring based on movement and selection of punches. Herring was just bigger, taller, and with size comes more strength. A 5’10” Frampton would have likely KO’ed Herring.

Props to Herring for doing what he was supposed to do as a gigantic 130lb fighter who has also fought at 135.

Comment

Working...
                    X