Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Reynoso: Canelo's Fight With Billy Joe Saunders Will Be Really Complicated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an easy fight for Canelo. Maybe if BJS had been in against some top-level fighters he could have made it competitiive but there's been no one for him to hone his skills against. He will get wiped out in the 8th round. BJS is just in boxing for the money it seems.

Comment

No it won't, BJS is a hype job with no heart. Not a true champion, paper champ.

Comment

Been watching footage of Saunders last fights, I'm not making a prediction and breakdown of the fight till fight week, because Saunders is the only guy in earth which can screw fights from happening at any given time, but I will say this and a lot of people if not majority will disagree with me: BJS is a more difficult fight for Canelo than Plant, Charlo and Benavidez.

Not only that, It's the first time I see him in tip top shape, of course building muscle could play against him but this tells me he's bringing a winner mentality to this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Saunders is quite slick, maybe Plant is a bit slicker but Saunders has a bit more power. His performances have varied, with some fights he hasn't looked good enough to have a chance against Canelo.
          I don't think Plant is slicker than Saunders, I mean the guy is slick but he is doesn't have the waist movement nor the legs that Billy has, I do agree, one day Billy looks like an elite guy, the other looks like trash, but the common pattern here is that he fights good against perceived threats and fights bad against low level guys, Plant is a consistent guy, thou.

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          He's sure to be competitive, but perhaps not the threat of a Benavidez or Charlo, although an aggressive fighter like Benavidez suits Canelo more.
          Benavidez fight would be tougher because he won't stop coming but his style might be his demise as Canelo will look to punch his body like target practice, imho Benavidez most dangerous asset against Canelo is his punching speed and his combination creativity.

Umpopular opinion: Charlo is the most taylor made guy for him of the perceived threats, the guy can box, the guy has a great chin, the guy has heavy hands but he is a low volume puncher, he is not a mover, his defense ain't nothing amazing, his reflexes are decent, and overall his punching speed is slow or average for the MW division, he would be even slower at SMW, to me he actually fights a little like Canelo, A slow paced fight with little volume in the center of the ring is what benefits Canelo more than anything else.

Not to forget that Charlo or Benavidez could catch Canelo with a big shot and hurt him, a scenario that I don't see with Billy or Plant, but I just don't see it given Canelo's relfexes.

Boxing biggest truth is that "Styles makes fights", is all about the matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
            Been watching footage of Saunders last fights, I'm not making a prediction and breakdown of the fight till fight week, because Saunders is the only guy in earth which can screw fights from happening at any given time, but I will say this and a lot of people if not majority will disagree with me: BJS is a more difficult fight for Canelo than Plant, Charlo and Benavidez.
            Yeah you've been watching footage of him beat ok fighters. Eubank pretty much beat him and would have done if the fight had gone any longer. Then BJS refused Eubank a rematch....so we know who was scared of that fight. And then BJS has done the minmum ever since. He looks good against aggressive swingers but against an all-round great fighter like Canelo he will get destroyed. Canelo will walk through him if he has to. He knows how to beat all styles

IF BJS was any good - he would have been fighting better fighters

Comment

Well on paper is should be because Saunders has a slick style that canelo has deliberately avoided since facing Lara 7 years ago. But based on the fact that Saunders has been inactive and unimpressive for quite some time now, it’s unlikely he’ll suddenly be able to turn it in which is why he was selected as the May opponent.

Comment

It's definitely gonna be hard to not make it look like the mismatch it is..

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  Well on paper is should be because Saunders has a slick style that canelo has deliberately avoided since facing Lara 7 years ago. But based on the fact that Saunders has been inactive and unimpressive for quite some time now, it’s unlikely he’ll suddenly be able to turn it in which is why he was selected as the May opponent.
                  What slick fighter has Canelo avoided?

Comment

Originally posted by Reynoso
                    It's going to be quite complicated
                    Sure it will.

Comment

I still pick Canelo but Saunders looks to be in actual good shape this time.

Could be interesting. I hope for a good competetive fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X