Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Stops Alexander Povetkin in Fourth To Get Revenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

everyone's acting like he's all of a sudden some kind of shot caller in the heavyweight division and he's not lol.
    Lmfao whos saying that ?? Everyone I have seen is crapping on the win lol u cant just make up Ur own narrative
    Last edited by Split Decision; 03-28-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by !-1 View Post
      Povetkin Never Recovered From COVID.

Povetkin should never have been in the ring. He was clearly unable to keep his balance right from the first round, despite not being hit.

Typical Hearn. There's always controversy surrounding his so called big fights.

What does this have to do with Hearn when it was a rematch clause? Just want to spew your poison without merit?

For the record, Povetkin was doing that in the first fight. It had nothing to do with Covid. That's if Povetkin even had Covid in the first place. I suspect he didn't, and just wanted more time to rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post

British boxing fans aren't nationalistic? Lol! Hopefully your response is sarcasm. Go back to the pre Ruiz posts about Joshua! You would have thought that he was the next Ali or Louis. Stop already Sid! The brits are probably the most blindly nationalistic group in the world. Only mexicans are close!
        What did they say about AJ that was exclusive to Brits? Who would want to be the next Ali and get beat up by low skilled brawlers and get many gift decisions? Why would anyone want a resume as bad as Joe's? Who did Joe beat that makes you think he's all that? They didn't call it "The bum of the month" for nothing. His resume is terrible.

You're delusional. Americans scream "USA USA" all the time at fights. Look at the madness with that joke Wilder and many others. But i know all about Americans extremism then the denying of it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

No. **** that.

This is what I mean the tolerance of mediocrity with British fighters. Povetkin is a respectable boxer but there was zero reason to even take this fight. He looked shot to bits and even Dillian was concerned for his safety. How can one pretend to themselves as if that's some impressive win??
          Its the whole era... Its not just British fighters... Boxing has certain systems in order... For example, when the heavyweights get to stuttering a bit, if the light heavy champ is decent, he is expected to grab that low hanging fruit... hence great fighters like tunney, Spinks, Foster, and Jones (the Ruiz fight) are there to make sure things stay interesting. We are at a time where less fights get made, and guys can fight for a championship quickly, because of all the alphabet soup, but we see fights where two guys are slow, unweildly, out of shape... In a manner that is shameful, when compared to when the heavyweights were a great division.

I agree about this fight. Povetkin wanted the payday which I understand... I would have done the same thing, but from the perspective of the sport, he was not at his best. There are talented fighters chomping at the bit out there... Guys like Ruiz, who may finally have gotten his s h i t together... AJ and Fury are a decent match up as well. Its all relative. Whyte matches up well considering the present landscape, if someone would just make the fights... A barn burner between Whyte and Wilder would be a possible real kick in the rear for the division. But in terms of OVERALL talent... If we look at the division as a whole, its a bad time indeed.

Comment

• Whyte trained like a maniac for 6 months, and still looked like shiat! lol Let Wilder finish off...

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Zero reason to take the fight except a rematch clause and pay check ?
              People should really put themselves in Povetkin's place... Your a tough, able mensch... and you have a family to support... Who will put Borscht on the table? I had a Sensei who has since left us who used to make it absolute that before doing any disarm to put yourself in as the weapon holder... You could throw out 95% of the crap that went for legit technique lol. I doubt anyone here would not have taken this fight lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

What does this have to do with Hearn when it was a rematch clause? Just want to spew your poison without merit?

For the record, Povetkin was doing that in the first fight. It had nothing to do with Covid. That's if Povetkin even had Covid in the first place. I suspect he didn't, and just wanted more time to rest.
                What? Its documented that Povetkin had Covid. YOU, I and everyone else on this board? None of us know how much Povetkin's illness actually affected him. It is obvious he did not look good physically, but this could be any number of things. There is nothing poisonious about noting that Povetkin looked bad for this fight, its not even a slight on Whyte. Whyte did what he should have done, period.

You get crazy and say things that are ridiculous all the while in attack mode lol. Nobody knows certain things and people look really stupid pretending otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split Decision View Post

What mystery was there before the fight ? kinda felt like everyone knows what Ur getting with whyte before the 1st pove fight
                  Not really

he was getting the wins, even if Chisora/Parker were close
                  even had Joshua worried at some point, whether or not you believe the official narrative that he wasn’t prepared/injured or whatever

No one expected him to get blasted out by a long past it Povetkin... at least not rationally expected him to. There was a consensus that he was a certain level of heavyweight

the mystery was who can beat him decisively, as he could take the punches and the pressure. Mystery solved. The gameplan for any Whyte opponent is out there

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Its the whole era... Its not just British fighters... Boxing has certain systems in order... For example, when the heavyweights get to stuttering a bit, if the light heavy champ is decent, he is expected to grab that low hanging fruit... hence great fighters like tunney, Spinks, Foster, and Jones (the Ruiz fight) are there to make sure things stay interesting. We are at a time where less fights get made, and guys can fight for a championship quickly, because of all the alphabet soup, but we see fights where two guys are slow, unweildly, out of shape... In a manner that is shameful, when compared to when the heavyweights were a great division.

I agree about this fight. Povetkin wanted the payday which I understand... I would have done the same thing, but from the perspective of the sport, he was not at his best. There are talented fighters chomping at the bit out there... Guys like Ruiz, who may finally have gotten his s h i t together... AJ and Fury are a decent match up as well. Its all relative. Whyte matches up well considering the present landscape, if someone would just make the fights... A barn burner between Whyte and Wilder would be a possible real kick in the rear for the division. But in terms of OVERALL talent... If we look at the division as a whole, its a bad time indeed.
                    Issue is though, I trust Whyte less than Wilder. I don't don't hell be fighting Wilder or Ruiz anytime soon. I can't really blame him as I think he's actually taking a title shot serious this time (let's remember this is the same guy who turned down eliminators and a rematch against AJ) but people need to stop making out as Whyte is this eras version of Ruddock or some ****. He is most certainly not. He looked in horrible shape despite having six months. Seemed gassed by the third round despite his improved skill set.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post

Not really

he was getting the wins, even if Chisora/Parker were close
                      even had Joshua worried at some point, whether or not you believe the official narrative that he wasn’t prepared/injured or whatever

No one expected him to get blasted out by a long past it Povetkin... at least not rationally expected him to. There was a consensus that he was a certain level of heavyweight

the mystery was who can beat him decisively, as he could take the punches and the pressure. Mystery solved. The gameplan for any Whyte opponent is out there
                      The **** Povetkin and Joshua have already beaten him decisively. Why is Whytes slight wobbling of Joshua seen as such a significant factor. He's built a comeback of that spark of hope in that 2015 fight. It's like the clowns who made out as if Bruno had a hope in hell because he wobbled Tyson in the first fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X