No announcement yet.

BREAKING: BoMac says Porter activated the WBO Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    According to the thread starter, Porter is going to take the mandatory.

That means Crawford would get 75-percent of the pot.

Everyone here was screaming how this should be a 55-45 type split and how Crawford was ducking by not offering that type of split.

Now that he’s going to get 20-percent more of the purse, Top Rank deserves credit for how they’re promoting their fighter while everyone here proved they have no business playing promoter.

If these morons on this website had been promoting Crawford, they would have given away millions of dollars to his opponent “to be fair” instead of using leverage to make way more money.

Because everyone here is an idiot.

So if this is true, give Top Rank credit for getting a great deal for their client.

But no one will, they’ll just praise Porter for some reason and pretend that Top Rank is stupid and Crawford is stupid for not signing with PBC.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

I ain't see everyone saying a split for Bud vs Showtime. I saw lotsa mfers saying Showtime should get more than 1M.

I don't see that TR is doing anything here worth hyping them over. They are b^tching about having to pay Bud 4M or whatever a fight lmfao. Believe Bob even said he'd be cool with Bud buying out his deal along with saying similar or worse about Teo buying out his deal too. TR is dogging their own best fighters these days.

I tend to think TR is still looking to get bought out by someone or maybe Bob is all pissed off at his own guys lately cuz he's not getting buyout offers on TR. Bob need to do more edibles I feel like.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
      At this point, Bud will probably just vacate the belt.
      Idk why he'd do that unless he wanted to move up. I believe Bud gets 4M a fight whatever a purse bid would end up giving him. Much more likely Showtime just says fook it if the purse bid is too low & he's not getting a mill & change at minimum. Although if a PBC promoter wins the purse bid its possible that whatever the purse bid is they could still give Showtime a back end deal on the PPV buys so the purse bid cut might not be his actually purse.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
        Will Triller get invovled?
        I think its a good bet they would make a bid if TR can't work out a deal with Bud & Showtime.

And since TR hates paying Bud 4M now & the offer to Showtime was 1M its a even better bet it goes to a purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I think its a good bet they would make a bid if TR can't work out a deal with Bud & Showtime.

And since TR hates paying Bud 4M now & the offer to Showtime was 1M its a even better bet it goes to a purse bid.
          Or, Porter withdraws.

If I'm Porter I force the bid. Like I said, Porter is highly ranked across the board except WBA. He has options. Crawford has none. It actually benefits both for them to fight though.

Comment

Porter is taking the high road and not enforcing his mandatory you guys. LOL.

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Porter chat starts around the 20:50 mark.

So for those asking "why doesn't Porter activate?" according to Crawford's trainer, he did.

But you have to understand how that works.

The first step is that the fighters have to try to work out a deal.

Kenny Porter made the first step by approaching Top Rank executives. That was just in late February.

WBO regulations give them 30 days to work it out for a "good faith" agreement. Arum's lowballs are not "good faith" - and WBO doesn't speak to how they handle the timeline if the offers are not made in good faith, but it does give Porter the option to back off and just force the bid.

Porter's trying to take the high road and make it work without having to force the bid.

Crawford has already publicly dared Porter to force the bid - which implies that he agrees with the lowballing.

Now, I have to ask.

If a fighter basically supports lowballing their mandatory now, when they didn't lowball their previous fights...what does that tell you?

Because Khan got $7 million.

So...to me, a "good faith" offer to Porter who's actually been champion at 147 on two occasions warrants at least a $5 million payday to start with and then go from there.

Should it go to purse bid, it's an 80/20 split if they fight in the US, so whoever bids would have to submit $25 million in order for Porter to make $5 million. That basically requires a PPV, same as Khan.

But Arum is PPV shy when it comes to Crawford because his PPV with Khan tanked.

Porter says that's because it was Khan, and the same wouldn't be true with him, if promoted properly. I tend to agree.

I suspect - but don't know for sure - that come April, we're going to hear a purse bid announcement for a May fight.

Comment

Working...
            X