Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Announces Memorial Day Weekend Fight In Miami

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Announces Memorial Day Weekend Fight In Miami

A meeting of the minds between boxing's biggest superstars of past and present led to an impromptu announcement on Wednesday. Canelo Alvarez and Eddy Reynoso joined Mike Tyson on the former heavyweight champion's podcast Hotboxin' as former multi-division UFC champion Henry Cejudo served as co-host and translator for the program. Images of the show being filmed first made waves online March 11.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Although Tyson didn’t tell Alvarez or Reynoso who he’d be fighting, the boxer is in advanced discussions and negotiations to fight Evander Holyfield in an exhibition match
    I'd watch this. Tyson wasn't Tyson in his fights with Holyfield and Lewis. Tyson fans like me need CLOSURE!

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post

I'd watch this. Tyson wasn't Tyson in his fights with Holyfield and Lewis. Tyson fans like me need CLOSURE!
      Who was he then? you think now as an old ass geriatric hes going to turn into" the real Mike",as opposed to the prime version that fought Holyfield?

Comment

This whole money grab is ridiculous . For all the idiots that don't get it , Mike Tyson was finished nearly twenty years ago when journey man Kevin Mcbride and half decent (at the time ) but small hall fighter Danny Williams did a job on him. Tyson was explosive back in the late 80's but then slowed down his great body movement and become a little easy to hit small heavyweight with a punch and little else. Once Mike Tyson has hit the deck that's the end of him . He has NEVER won a fight after taking a knock down! talk of fights etc. with even older fighters , Holyfield , edging up the 60 years of age are just money grabs by guys that are getting too old to even hold the pads anymore....crazy , stupid there is lots of great fights out there to be made in this sport for young men , where the risks get a whole lot higher with age.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

Who was he then? you think now as an old ass geriatric hes going to turn into" the real Mike",as opposed to the prime version that fought Holyfield?
          Tyson was past his prime by time he fought holyfield, he clearly wasnt the same fighter he was before he went into prison, clear decline was spotted when rooney left the scene and he was changing trainers almost every fight. Tyson peak years was 88-91.. had he boxed holyfield when he was being lined up bk in 91 it may have been a different fight... maybe..
          who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post

Tyson was past his prime by time he fought holyfield, he clearly wasnt the same fighter he was before he went into prison, clear decline was spotted when rooney left the scene and he was changing trainers almost every fight. Tyson peak years was 88-91.. had he boxed holyfield when he was being lined up bk in 91 it may have been a different fight... maybe..
            who knows.
            OK, but the poster was talking about getting closure from seeing 54-year old Mike fight in May. The point still stands. The Tyson that fought Holyfield was far more the real Tyson than the version the duped fans will see in May.
            super-x likes this.

Comment

He’ll probably be matched up against Butter Bean this time out. We don’t need Holyfield in the ring anymore due to health related issues many of us see and witness with his speech etc. I have nothing against the old timers because I’m one myself now but let it be with guys whom didn’t receive to much damage or hasn’t shown ill effects since leaving that’s all I’m saying.

Comment

Tyson vs Holyfield in an exhibition fight is stupid. It will end up being a draw like roy jones or holyfield will headbutt tyson and tyson will bite his other ear off.

Holyfield doesn't need to fight. He stumbles all over his words and is incoherent a lot of times. I love holyfield and his accomplishments but he doesn't need to fight.

These guys are reaching for past glory memories. I get it. Every athelete wants to relive their heroic past but they just need to accept their time has passed. People are also living in the past wanting to watch their hero's duke it out again like it's a real fight... It's not. I give tyson a ton of credit to get back into shape and being able to fight at his age but he's a shell of himself.

Comment

Hey. Great announcement Mike! Only problem is Zabdiel Judah announced it A MONTH prior!!!

Get ready for the circus to continue at a town near you.

Comment

All these people dissing Mike Tyson probably are jealous cos yes he’s 54, but I bet he will still smash all of you all to bits ☝️All of you are probably younger and look like pigs on a grill

Comment

Working...
                    X