Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: I've Got More Faith in Saunders Beating Canelo Than His Own Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: I've Got More Faith in Saunders Beating Canelo Than His Own Promoter

Promoter Frank Warren believes WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders is more than capable of shocking Canelo Alvarez, who holds the WBC, WBA world titles. The two champions will collide on May 8th in a three belt unification.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Saunders had been fighting often and against high quality I would say he is a major threat to beat Canelo but it seems his opposition hasn’t been up to par himself so....he still has quite capable skills and I expect he CAN thoroughly frustrate Canelo but the question is will he. Worth noting that this fight has only one undefeated fighter....
    Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

I absolutely agree on what Warren said here, and i said it too. Hearn doesn't want BJS to win even though he promotes him. He has a business relationship with him and that's it.

Comment

"Saunders also has not been as active as I would like, he needs to be in the ring regularly to show his best. But he has the skills to do this. Saunders at his best is brilliant, he has a superb boxing brain and he can out-think any fighter."

He says this but Fury is there and hasn't fought for 12 months now, why didn't they get him a fight in december? Because he allowed Arum to cancel it, so that the TWO fights left would be against AJ where Arum/ESPN can make their monies back on Fury....Shame on you Warren.

Comment

Saunders will need a miracle to beat Canelo. Saunders is not a dangerous puncher so it will be Canelo chasing until he catches him.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            If Saunders had been fighting often and against high quality I would say he is a major threat to beat Canelo but it seems his opposition hasn’t been up to par himself so....he still has quite capable skills and I expect he CAN thoroughly frustrate Canelo but the question is will he. Worth noting that this fight has only one undefeated fighter....
            BJS should be more than capable of frustrating the hell out of Canelo but as you said his lack of talented opposition and lifestyle will be his demise

Comment

Hey Frank, remember when you promoted Joyce or Lyndon Arthur for their last fights? No? Me either!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I absolutely agree on what Warren said here, and i said it too. Hearn doesn't want BJS to win even though he promotes him. He has a business relationship with him and that's it.
                Not sure about that. If BJS beat Canelo that would mean monster money for Eddie and DAZN in a rematch.

I think it's more a case of Hearn believing that Canelo is going to win and wanting to carry on promoting him in the future. Like BJS said in a recent interview, he's seen nothing of Eddie recently but his feet hanging out of Canelo's arse!

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
                  Hey Frank, remember when you promoted Joyce or Lyndon Arthur for their last fights? No? Me either!
                  I'm surprised Warren has the nerve to say something like this after the way he behaved in the lead up to Joyce/Dubois, predicting a KO defeat for Joyce and talking **** to his manager at the pressers.

Comment

This is the same guy who told the public BJS was an avoided fighter, the same BJS who is a MAJOR reason for two men becoming boogeymen in his division.

Comment

Working...
                    X