Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Austin Williams Defeats Denis Douglin By Unanimous Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Austin Williams Defeats Denis Douglin By Unanimous Decision

Austin Williams nearly knocked out the most experienced opponent he has faced, but a determined Denis Douglin took Williams eight rounds Saturday night for the first time as a pro. Williams, who hurt Douglin in the sixth and seventh rounds, won their super middleweight match by unanimous decision. Judges Don Griffin (79-73), Javier Martinez (79-73) and Michael Mitchell (77-75) all scored their fight for Williams on the Juan Francisco Estrada-Roman Gonzalez undercard at American Airlines Center in Dallas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The kid is one to watch. Good win.

Comment

Williams gets iced at the higher levels because has ZERO and I mean ZERO head movement, like a stiff board, and no world class jab.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Williams gets iced at the higher levels because has ZERO and I mean ZERO head movement, like a stiff board, and no world class jab.
        He reminds me of Antoine Douglas, for better or worse. I hope he doesn't meet his Khurtsidze before he's ready. Another issue he has is that he'll throw caution to the wind when he has his guy hurt. He needs to sharpen his finishing skills.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 03-14-2021, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

He reminds me of Antoine Douglas, for better or worse. I hope he doesn't meet his Khurtsidze before he's ready. Another issue he has is that he'll throw caution to the wind when he has his guy hurt. He needs to sharpen his finishing skills.
          I noticed that the way he tries to finish a guy leaves him winded and when he is winded and has zero head movement, he will become target practice for a world-class fighter either from a counter-punch or by being walked down since he doesn't throw any punches after throwing a combination and simply falls back to doing nothing. for the rest of the round. That wont work against a busy and strong fighter. I would take 154 pound Brandon Adams to turn out the lights of 160 pound Williams in a heart beat now or even in a couple years. Williams is too flawed and his big ego will be his undoing.

Comment

I like Ammo, seems like an interesting guy and I liked the Led Zeppelin walk out music. He's an action fighter but he needs to work on some aspects of his game, let's hope he continues to develop as he steps up the competition.

Comment

Also, when they were referencing William's nickname it reminded me there was a fighter from the DC or Philly with the nickname "Arsenal". Can't remember for the life of me who that was. Anyone remember that?

Comment

Awesome body work by Ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

I noticed that the way he tries to finish a guy leaves him winded and when he is winded and has zero head movement, he will become target practice for a world-class fighter either from a counter-punch or by being walked down since he doesn't throw any punches after throwing a combination and simply falls back to doing nothing. for the rest of the round. That wont work against a busy and strong fighter. I would take 154 pound Brandon Adams to turn out the lights of 160 pound Williams in a heart beat now or even in a couple years. Williams is too flawed and his big ego will be his undoing.
                  Adams would be a good step-up, but he's now campaigning at 154 so I don't see that match-up happening when PBC have other LMW's for him to face. Williams been calling out Anthony Fowler for a while, so Hearn should try and make that happen. If Ammo wins, that would put him in the sanctioning body rankings.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 03-15-2021, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X