Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Castano: I'd Fight Charlo, Lara, Hurd, Harrison - Whoever PBC Gets!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Castano: I'd Fight Charlo, Lara, Hurd, Harrison - Whoever PBC Gets!

For more than a year, all that Brian Castano thought about was getting in the ring and walking away with a title around his waist. With both of those goals met, it's now time to set his sights on the rest of the junior middleweight division. Fortunately for the unbeaten Argentine boxer, there is a surplus of such talent under the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) banner where he returns as a reigning titlist.
    [Click Here To Read More]

We definitely want the fight. We have been told by [adviser and PBC creator] Al Haymon that Charlo wants the fight as well,” Sebastian Contursi, Castaņo’s manager told BoxingScene.com. “As far as we know, all of the sanctioning bodies are on board.

“The only issue might be the IBF, I know they have their mandatory challenger (Bakhram Murtazaliev) who is waiting for his title shot. So, we will see.”
    The IBF surely wouldn't stand in the way of this fight, right? Right? RIGHTTT???

It was a stupid rumor but Spence vs Ugas and Charlo vs Castano card at Cowboys stadium in the summer>>>>>>>>

Comment

Pbc can keep him busy for years

Comment

I would really love to see the undisputed fight between Castano and Charlo, then the winner can fulfill the IBF mandatory.

Comment

With their terrible matchmaking recently it’s going to be a surplus of fighters that going to avoid him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            I would really love to see the undisputed fight between Castano and Charlo, then the winner can fulfill the IBF mandatory.
            Man, the winner could probably just forget about the IBF mandatory. Just drop the belt and go for big fights from that point on. If Charlo wins, he's going up to MW. If Castano wins, then Spence may come up to 154 to challenge him. I don't know if Castano will want to move up, but that's an option as well.

Fulfilling your mandatories after becoming undisputed isn't really what any fighter wants to do. They are going to be stuck with mandatories forever. Just go get the biggest fights and drop a belt if you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by DJrabit View Post
              With their terrible matchmaking recently it’s going to be a surplus of fighters that going to avoid him.
              I'd have to agree. A potential Castano vs Jermell matchup is probably going to drag out as long as a Plant vs Benavidez match up has. Lara/Hurd do nothing for him at this point,Harrison I wouldn't mind though.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

The IBF surely wouldn't stand in the way of this fight, right? Right? RIGHTTT???

It was a stupid rumor but Spence vs Ugas and Charlo vs Castano card at Cowboys stadium in the summer>>>>>>>>
                That would be great! Probably gonna be separate headliners though I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

That would be great! Probably gonna be separate headliners though I reckon.
                  Definitely, but Jermell can't headline a PPV on his own. He also probably wouldn't want to fight on the undercard of Spence in a undisputed showdown and Spence is definitely not fighting on anyone's undercard.

Put this card on SHO in NY at the Barclays in the summer or in Houston. If on PPV, probably will need to put his brother on there as well.

Comment

Would of been nice to have the undisputed fight next, but sounds like they are gonna marinate this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X