Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kevin Mayer Appointed DAZN Group's Chairman of The Board of Directors, Skipper Steps Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should hire Lou Dibella to do exactly what he did back at HBO. When Lou was the fight buyer, HBO boxing was never better.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Vergil walking? What makes you think he's gonna walk?

Ryan I think will walk sooner or later doe.
      With the top fighters leaving Oscar, i think Ortiz will also be persuaded to think bigger fights lay elsewhere. PBC has all the Welters baring Crawford. And he should be joining PBC soon considering what Arum said, and the fight not happening with Spence unless it's on the PBC platform. If Ortiz does stay with Oscar, what chance does he have of getting the better fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

With the top fighters leaving Oscar, i think Ortiz will also be persuaded to think bigger fights lay elsewhere. PBC has all the Welters baring Crawford. And he should be joining PBC soon considering what Arum said, and the fight not happening with Spence unless it's on the PBC platform. If Ortiz does stay with Oscar, what chance does he have of getting the better fights?
        Maybe. To me Vergil seems like a low key agreeable type so I'm not so sure his departure is anywhere close to near. I think he's still chasing being the #1 GBP fighter oddly enough. And he probably don't command that status with Oscar til Ryan leaves. And that could be years from now.

While I'm rooting for & expecting big things from Vergil who knows how things pan out. He might catch an L or two & all his hype gets pushed down & he's lucky to have a promoter deal at all. This is a cruel & flip on a dime business.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post

I did! Skipper is no longer with DAZN.
          Yes he is ,so you didn’t .Ha

“Skipper will remain on the DAZN Group Board of Directors and also serve as a strategic adviser to DAZN”

Your just another joke on here , was going to watch Dazn based on an executive no longer employed there ,you have to be a Wilder fan ? Ha
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 03-07-2021, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I should have said that Skipper has been canned from any management role with DAZN. I suspect that his contract like most other executive contracts has a golden parachute clause. His is apparently is to do a stint on the board and to serve as an advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

This little bitch is still crying because Schaeffer is out of the boxing business and because PBC is serving up crap on Fox, Showtime, and PPV.
              lolol....the pbc is still a power broker in the sport....while oscar lost the one guy he had(whom was actually built through the work of schaeffer and haymon lol)....spence and tank doing ppvs....getting money...meanwhile the fate of oscars company rests on 2 guys that have never sold 12k seats in a night.....schaeffer is out of the sport because oscar forced him to be on the sidelines for awhile cause he was mad lol...golden boys most successful days were the one where schaeffer was at the helm...you dumb sht...lol....im not crying..im laughing at how stupid you are "oscar makes stars"...lol...

Comment

Working...
              X