Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Nelo’s evolved technique for power punching and angles? Elusive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Nelo’s evolved technique for power punching and angles? Elusive

Canelo can throw a power punch with leverage in almost every spot, angle when he loads up. Only other guy who has a similar but more rudimentary technique is Errol Spence when he loads up, planted power. Most boxers chose not to do this because they don’t want to make the mistake in getting clipped in return.

Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 03-03-2021, 12:05 PM.

I think it has always been there just appears to be fine tuned now. What I’ve noticed has exponentially improved is his conditioning and cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      I think it has always been there just appears to be fine tuned now. What I’ve noticed has exponentially improved is his conditioning and cardio.
      Indeed most likely he doesnt need to cut to much weight at 168 compared to 160.

Basically every punch he throws is a power punch and has one of the best left hooks in boxing history.

Comment

What do you think his weaknesses are?

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
          No boxer is good enough atm to expose any flaws.

Comment

His foot placement and leverage he gets on his are exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
              Below par movement, does not have many gears, his stamina is good but it is not great.

That is about it.

Comment

Given the level of his competition lately, BFD.

Comment

Canelo is the new James Toney but with more discipline. He will stand in front of his foes, has good counterpunching ability combined with defense. He has good punch placement and will hit you equally hard on the body or the head.

His weakness is that he cannot maintain a sustained attack and paces the fight at times.

Comment

He was facing virtual punching bags in his last two fights. Probably there are guys on this board who would have looked pretty awesome facing an opponent committed 100% to standing and absorbing punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X