Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If There's Anyone Who Could Beat Canelo at 168 - It's Saunders!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: If There's Anyone Who Could Beat Canelo at 168 - It's Saunders!

Promoter Eddie Hearn expects a very competitive fight when WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders steps in the ring with WBC, WBA champion Canelo Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    OctoberRed OctoberRed likes this.

Touch & Go Saunders beat Canelo?!

Comment

Canelo can easily beat all the belt holders at his weight division because they are all C class fighters. Let's be honest he is the only A class fighter at 168 and no one cares even if becomes undisputed!
      DaNeutral. DaNeutral. likes this.

Comment

its saunders its smith its fielding its jacob
        rematch with GGG. Both of you are clown

Comment

I can see BJS giving him a hard time. Anyone reasonably orthodox will just get eaten up by Canelo. He's got too many answers to any question he's asked.

BJS might be unorthodox enough to give Canelo more of a problem to solve. But I think Canelo gets to the answer. And his power and range of punches is an obvious difference.

Comment

At 168 the only guy I favour to beat him would be Bivol if he was to come down, as good as BJS is Canelo will eat him up.

Comment

Saunders will find a way to avoid a fight with Canelo as will Plant. Both of these guys are overmatched and they know it. They will find excuses to avoid being knocked out by Canelo so he should prepare a plan B for the remainder of this year. A fight with Benavidez on Cinco de Mayo, Golovkin in September, and either Andrade or Charlo in December would make for a nice schedule. This assumes either Andrade or Charlo will actually step up rather than simply running their mouth complaining about being ducked.

Comment

I can't se anybody below the too boys at 175 beating Canelo but I do think Billy gives him a tougher night than anybody else at 168. I'd imagine Saunders being on the move and being tricky to catch but in doing so will give the rounds away to Canelo. I can't imagine him standing and trading with the Mexican, even when he feels like the cards are getting away from him.

Comment

Saunders will get my respect if he lasts the distance in this one. Canelo ought to then move on from clueless Edward Hearn before Edward try's to sell a rematch idea with Amir Khan.

Comment

Saunders would at least give Canelo a bit of a puzzle, as with Plant, even though both Billy Joe and Caleb don't have that much power. Eddie thinks Canelo has improved 60%, I think that's generous, maybe he's improved 20%.

Slick fighters of a high level will always give Canelo some trouble, he hasn't changed that much.

Comment

Working...
                    X