Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not a Mayweather fan, but boxing is much better with him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    To say I cant be better is a ****** thing to say. I dont think he is all that and You dont even know who i am or what im about. People like me are taught you can do what you want and be what you want if you work hard at it. By the sound of your comment you seem to be the kind of person that cant see achieving goals beyond your belief. I call that a loser. Floyd would be the last boxer on earth Id want to be like. I fight when I get in the ring ...not run Or clinch. AKA Defensive Style. Boring and non ticket selling Fight ducking punk. You're right....Ill NEVER Do what he has done....EVER!!!!
    He still drew more with Hatton/ DLH. Someone THAT boring shouldn't have been able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
      I love to see fighters talk less, and let their leather do the talking. Fighters like Miguel Cotto, Shane Mosley, and of course Pacquiao

Here is the problem, every fighter is not the same.
      I understand this, and of the 3 fighters I mentioned, none of them even have a remotely similar style.

The similarity?

They're all exciting fighters.
      Imagine if every player in the nba Played like Dwight Howard?
      Sure Dwight Howard is exciting, but How much fun would that be to watch every player doing the same thing. In every basketball game, and every year.
      How long would it be before we start calling the NBA boring?

Do you understand the logic.
      Yes, and I never said that every fighter should have the same style. I am not discussing styles. I am discussing exciting fighters that casual fans like to watch, and not so exciting fighters.
      The thing that makes boxing the sport that it is.
      Is that styles make fights, and and every fight is different.
      I understand this.
      You call mayweather boring..
      But alot of people think other wise.
      I actually don't think he's boring. I can appreciate a defensive wizard at work, but I don't think most casual boxing fans can. Case in point. The De La Hoya-Mayweather fight was the most hyped, and biggest fight in history.

Of all of the people I spoke to about their thoughts on the fight (mind you, most of them are what we would call 'casual' boxing fans) none of them thought that they got their moneys worth, and none of them were even remotely entertained.

or he wouldnt be the star that he is...

This simply isn't true. He is a star because of the persona he projects on TV. The 24/7 series with De La Hoya had more to do with his 'star power' than his actual work in the ring.

People are tuning in to see the big mouth get shut. That was his angle, and it worked to perfection. But don't think for a second that his work inside of the ring is what made him a star.

The guy couldn't even sell out an arena in his own hometown. He was a virtual unknown before winning the De La Hoya sweepstakes.

Comment

i think he brings in the casual fan

Comment

Originally posted by Santo Domingo View Post

The reality is that's just not true. You will never achieve in boxing what Floyd has done. Never. Ever.

If you asked your own mother or father to bet their house on that, they wouldn't. That isn't an insult to you. It's just the reality. And you know it. What is the likelihood of YOU becoming the #1 p4p fighter in the world? Almost too small to measure.

Will you ever, ever be in the NBA? Even if you worked harder than everybody else?
          If you think like a loser...youll be a loser. Thats the way you wanna live, thats on you. Pacquiao has Achieved way more than Floyd has...And all of your points and views are illogical...well at least in my world.

Comment

To say I cant be better is a ****** thing to say. I dont think he is all that and You dont even know who i am or what im about. People like me are taught you can do what you want and be what you want if you work hard at it. By the sound of your comment you seem to be the kind of person that cant see achieving goals beyond your belief. I call that a loser. Floyd would be the last boxer on earth Id want to be like. I fight when I get in the ring ...not run Or clinch. AKA Defensive Style. Boring and non ticket selling Fight ducking punk. You're right....Ill NEVER Do what he has done....EVER!!!!
            Oh this is funny. You get on my ass for saying something, and then you judge me right back. Well you have me all wrong, and to say that I don't believe I can acheive goals is ******. You don't know **** about me. To insult me over the computer is sad. I wasn't judging you. I simply said that it's annoying when people hate, and I'm sorry but I'm sure there are few people who will believe that you're as talented as Floyd. That's like saying that you're gonna be a better basketball play than Kobe or something. The fact that you have to say that **** about me and try to judge me is pathetic. It's pathetic to insult someone over the computer that you don't even know. Haha, anyway, I'm not gonna get into an argument with you, because quite frankly it doesn't mean **** to me. I obviously got to you with what I said, but I'm sorry if you didn't do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano. View Post
              He still drew more with Hatton/ DLH. Someone THAT boring shouldn't have been able to do that.
              Is it really that ****** to say that he isn't better than Floyd? I guess anyone can be that great right?
              Last edited by KingTito; 08-26-2009, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620
                You've already shown yourself to be a "loser" with your pathetic Paquiao worshipping.
                co-sign. green k sent

Comment

If you think like a loser...youll be a loser. Thats the way you wanna live, thats on you. Pacquiao has Achieved way more than Floyd has...And all of your points and views are illogical...well at least in my world.
                  You're a loser, really are. To constantly hate on a fighter over a forum, that's loser written all over it.

Comment

Slightly in the boxing world...

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                      Oh this is funny. You get on my ass for saying something, and then you judge me right back. Well you have me all wrong, and to say that I don't believe I can acheive goals is ******. You don't know **** about me. To insult me over the computer is sad. I wasn't judging you. I simply said that it's annoying when people hate, and I'm sorry but I'm sure there are few people who will believe that you're as talented as Floyd. That's like saying that you're gonna be a better basketball play than Kobe or something. The fact that you have to say that **** about me and try to judge me is pathetic. It's pathetic to insult someone over the computer that you don't even know. Haha, anyway, I'm not gonna get into an argument with you, because quite frankly it doesn't mean **** to me. I obviously got to you with what I said, but I'm sorry if you didn't do the same.
                      not arguing and where did i insult you? I meant no disrespect except for your comment was ****** for saying anyone or Me can achieve what another man has done. Other than that I cant see where i did...Clarify .

Comment

Working...
                      X