Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Cotto Tickets: Less Than 1,000 Remain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder who the decision is going to go to if the fight is close. I thought that Clottey and Mosley had a better case of winning against Cotto than JMM had against Pacquiao even though all fights were close. Does Arum view Cotto as more of a long-term commodity than he does Pacquiao? Will the heavily pro Phillipino crowd overshadow that? Those two aspects are interesting to me. If anyone knows how to influence a decision, it is Arum though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      I wonder who the decision is going to go to if the fight is close. I thought that Clottey and Mosley had a better case of winning against Cotto than JMM had against Pacquiao even though all fights were close. Does Arum view Cotto as more of a long-term commodity than he does Pacquiao? Will the heavily pro Phillipino crowd overshadow that? Those two aspects are interesting to me. If anyone knows how to influence a decision, it is Arum though.

Arum's contract is done with Cotto after this fight. It's not hard to figure out where his rooting interest lies in this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Arum's contract is done with Cotto after this fight. It's not hard to figure out where his rooting interest lies in this one.
        there is a 2 years extension clause for Cotto

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
          there is a 2 years extension clause for Cotto
          Really? I thought he wanted to be a free agent with the visits from DLH and talk of his own promotional company.

It was technically his last fight with him.

I thought he was ditching old Bob. Wonder what changed.
          `

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            Really? I thought he wanted to be a free agent with the visits from DLH and talk of his own promotional company.

It was technically his last fight with him.

I thought he was ditching old Bob. Wonder what changed.
            `
            http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/7/21...s-miguel-cotto
            Miguel Cotto has re-signed with Top Rank for two more years as part of his deal to fight Manny Pacquiao in November. The new deal figures to last through 2011

Comment

• What Gayweather ladies going to say about almost complete sellout in one day? “Probably is not true. Bob Arum bought all the ticket” hahahahahaha. I love boxing so much.

Comment

• I heard they are building seats at the ceiling of MGM Grand. lol

Comment

• no surprise here

Comment

• Originally posted by switch44 View Post
                    I heard they are building seats at the ceiling of MGM Grand. lol
                    LMAO.

pro

imagine LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                      I wonder who the decision is going to go to if the fight is close. I thought that Clottey and Mosley had a better case of winning against Cotto than JMM had against Pacquiao even though all fights were close. Does Arum view Cotto as more of a long-term commodity than he does Pacquiao? Will the heavily pro Phillipino crowd overshadow that? Those two aspects are interesting to me. If anyone knows how to influence a decision, it is Arum though.
                      I think Clottey and JMM were about the same, both more than Mosely. Either way Bob Arum is almost like Vince McMahon now a days. I hope someone gets knocked out, otherwise who ever can make top rank more money down the line will win a decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X