Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones looked great tonight, but lets not get carried away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
    The Pavlik that fought BHop = Lacy, Pavlik that fought JT smashes Lacy. Im not 100% on that either tho Lacy was considered a beast until he caught a 1 sided ass whoopin from a veteran. Pav hasnt accomplished **** since the same thing happened to him. Pavlik could be the next Lacy we'll have to wait and see.
    Yeah but the difference is Pavlik actually won a few big fights. Lacy never beat anyone. He's a terrible boxer.

Comment

Im not saying Roy beats him, Im saying he can win rounds and make it a good fight. If Roy goes into his shell it becomes the most boring fight ever because BHop still will not open up. If Roy had it in him to keep the fight in the middle of the ring I think he easily beats Hop, but thats not this version of Roy at all. BHop is still a great fighter and belongs at the top of whatever division he fights in, but hes not as quick and agile as Pavlik made him look. BHop is still a middle aged man regardless of what shape hes in and Roy still possesses superior hand speed.
      I'm just not convinced. Roy said Calzaghe was hitting him hard. When Bernard hits him he's gun shy for the night and will go back into the ropes. Like I said, Roy has got to show me something on D. Foot work. Something. Anything other than backing up in straight lines to the ropes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
        @Shawn

That was the ONLY plus for me last night. Now I want to see him get off of them, not concede in retreat to them so easily. I was almost yelling at my screen yesterday.. letting Lacy lead him to the ropes with little to no resistance just because he was coming forward.
        In all fairness, he did say he wanted to beat lacy at his own game.

Comment

• Originally posted by VipersThunder View Post
          Yeah but the difference is Pavlik actually won a few big fights. Lacy never beat anyone. He's a terrible boxer.
          Pavlik may have some big wins, but they are both against a fighter whos number he seems to have. JT is also the only fighter on Pavs resume that I think Lacy couldnt beat. He was also completely untested at that weight, which while I thought Hop was going to win anyway it would have been more competitive at 160.

Comment

• Shawn, Roy was doing this the first time on his come back trail. He looked like he was hiding another gear and I waited for 6 rounds into the Calzaghe before I realized he was really done. Jones is looking cute in there, but he has the same flaws plaguing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
              I'm just not convinced. Roy said Calzaghe was hitting him hard. When Bernard hits him he's gun shy for the night and will go back into the ropes. Like I said, Roy has got to show me something on D. Foot work. Something. Anything other than backing up in straight lines to the ropes.
              Thats the point Im getting at at though. If he goes to the ropes what will Bernard do? If Roys on the ropes covering up I dont think Hop will throw punches. Post Tarver Roy has no chance against Calz or Glenn Johnson because he just backs straight up, but Im not sure Hop can capitalize on that. BHop is going to have to swarm him while hes on the ropes because if he stands back he gives Roy the chance to counter off the ropes and it turns into a game of whose the fastest.

Comment

• He beat Lacy and fair play to him but im not gonna get excited or anything

Comment

Pavlik may have some big wins, but they are both against a fighter whos number he seems to have. JT is also the only fighter on Pavs resume that I think Lacy couldnt beat.[/B] He was also completely untested at that weight, which while I thought Hop was going to win anyway it would have been more competitive at 160.
                  Well that's all fine and good but their in a different weight division. Diamond belt aside that still means something. Like it or not Miranda was a true top contender at the time. Lacy never even beat a guy like that.

Comment

Thats the point Im getting at at though. If he goes to the ropes what will Bernard do? If Roys on the ropes covering up I dont think Hop will throw punches. Post Tarver Roy has no chance against Calz or Glenn Johnson because he just backs straight up, but Im not sure Hop can capitalize on that. BHop is going to have to swarm him while hes on the ropes because if he stands back he gives Roy the chance to counter off the ropes and it turns into a game of whose the fastest.
                    It would still be a good fight. No doubt about it. In fact it's the fight that should be made. Period.

Comment

Hopkins is not a robot incapable of doing what's necessary to win. Hop breaks you down on tape. Roy doesn't survive it. He will go after that chin, he will beat Roy on the ropes and not let up because video evidence will show that's where Roy is weakest. Jones won't even fight you back into the middle of the ring for goodness sakes. He prefers to lay on them and keep the fight there if you're willing. It's a big problem for any elite fight Jr. takes. They will all opt to push him back then to keep it center.

I'm willing to change my mind if Roy shows me something, but even then there's still the chin issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X