No announcement yet.

De La Hoya Blog: It's Time For Jones To Walk Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    well he wins this fight... hes signed to fight danny green for the IBO CW Belt (should green win)... thats another fight that wouldnt worry me... he gets the belt... then i agree here... time to call it a day my man... unless bernard decides ok... ill fight roy for his CW belt... or if bernard picks up adameks belt.. and they unify... other than green or maybe a final bow out with bernard...

i agree... call it a day... which makes me

he may have some gas... but that **** is a 1/4 tank of 87
    I'll pee in my pants if B-hop fights Jones that's a dream re-match

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
      It's silly that everyone thinks that Roy should'nt fight anymore. He loves fighting and putting on a show. He's still very talented and his his skills have'nt diminished that much just his legs really are'nt the same. Just because he can't dominate anymore does'nt mean he should just quit. He's having fun and as a fan I love to see that and I want to support the guy by watching his fights. How can you claim that he was your favorite fighter for so many years but in the same sentence call him a bum and washed up? I personally think he could still beat Hopkins and alot of people agree with that. If Hopkins can go on fighting and we all support him and rate him in the P4P rating why not Roy? If Roy can beat Hopkins then should'nt he still be allowed to fight. What do you guys think Roy would have done to Pavlik that night? He would've tuned his ass just as good if not better.
      I don't agree with that part at all ; Roy is not the same fighter he once was and he can be very wary of incoming punches ever since the KO losses to Tarver and Johnson.

If Glen Johnson was able to knock Roy out cold (and I mean cold), if Kelly landed anything on him he may have ended up the same way he did that night against Johnson.

Granted I think Roy would've taken the early rounds but Pavlik doesn't slow up, and Roy doesn't throw an awful lot of punches anymore himself.

Late in the fight I would fear for Roy.

Not that I think Pavlik is a monster.

But because Roy is no longer Roy.

Comment

Working...
      X