Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else remember "KO Nation"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A short-lived boxing television series which featured up-and-coming boxers in a hip-hop format. Shown on Saturday afternoons throughout 2000 and 2001, the show featured dancers and hip-hop performances, and was hosted by Fran Charles and Kevin Kelley. Ed Lover was the "face" of the show, and was the ring announcer. The show ultimately failed to attract its target audience and drew low ratings. The show was cancelled in 2001."

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      Lamon Brewster I think fought Clifford Etienne on that show. The show sucked.
      I was wondering what a longtime fan like yourself thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I was wondering what a longtime fan like yourself thought of it.

It sucked bad. The only good thing might have been Kelley's commentary, he was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          It sucked bad. The only good thing might have been Kelley's commentary, he was pretty good.
          I'd forgotten all about that.

I'd take Kevin over Kellerman or Steward any day of the week.

Also ; BUMP for anybody else who remembers this disgrace of a boxing broadcast and wants to share memories.

Comment

Yea I remember it I can remember Spaddy fighting on it but I would be hard pressed to name any really good fights that took place on KO nation though.

I do remember Ed Lover though, lol.

Comment

I could be wrong but I believe Biz Markie was the DJ, if it wasn't him it was some other washed up rapper/DJ.

Comment

....Neither does anybody else.

**** was ******ed.

HBO failed big time on that one.
                Yeah I thought the cards sucked.

Comment

I'd forgotten all about that.

I'd take Kevin over Kellerman or Steward any day of the week.

Also ; BUMP for anybody else who remembers this disgrace of a boxing broadcast and wants to share memories.
                  I'm one of the few who likes Kellerman. Stewerd is annoying with the" it happened just like I thought it would".

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    Wasn't Floyd vs Augustus on KO nation? Lol that **** was ****ed up.
                    It was. God, that whole set-up was awful.

Comment

Altugh it sucked I remmeber Jermain Taylor making his pro debut on it,Spadafora fighting Mike Griffith amongst others,Mayweather vs Augustus,Etienne vs Brester,Winky vs McKart II or Etienne vs Couser.

Some terrible memories with the announcers.....Kevin Kelley.......meh.

Comment

Working...
                      X