Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones is willing to allow elbows and kicks vs Silva...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have u ever been kicked in the leg before??.. silva would amputate roy's leg with kicks.. roy in the 90's would kill anderson in the ring, octagon, streets, bar anywhere.. I'd still favor him pure boxing but kickboxing?? not good..

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
      have u ever been kicked in the leg before??.. silva would amputate roy's leg with kicks.. roy in the 90's would kill anderson in the ring, octagon, streets, bar anywhere.. I'd still favor him pure boxing but kickboxing?? not good..
      Silva would not land any kicks, RJ's still too fast and timing too good for any standup attack Anderson can throw at him. The only place Silva can get at him is if Roy got his back to the ropes.

The thing is, that you don't realize how huge the skills gap is between boxing and mma standup. In boxing, Roy would smash him without getting touched. In kickboxing, RJ would get sc****d a couple times, nothing he wouldn't be able to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Silva would not land any kicks, RJ's still too fast and timing too good for any standup attack Anderson can throw at him. The only place Silva can get at him is if Roy got his back to the ropes.

The thing is, that you don't realize how huge the skills gap is between boxing and mma standup. In boxing, Roy would smash him without getting touched. In kickboxing, RJ would get sc****d a couple times, nothing he wouldn't be able to handle.
        You are really underestimating Muay Thai if you think RJJ would just come out with a few sc****s. If you think kicks are really overrated then it is quite obvious that you have never been kicked by a true Muay Thai fighter. There is a HUGE skill gap between MMA Boxing and Boxing but not MMA striking and Boxing.

MMA striking doesn't look as fluid and technical as boxing striking cause MMA fighters have to worry about getting taken down or swept something boxers do not need to think about. Boxers also do not need need to worry about getting kicked, kneed, elbowed, or fighting within the clinch using all the strikes. Boxers have a more linear stance while MMA strikers are more squared up which is why they dont move or look as technical.

As boxers, we wouldn't be able to use our linear stance as our lead leg would get chopped by kicks or we get single legged. We need our legs to do everything...punching power, foot work, weaving, slipping, etc. If a guy is choppin our leg down it'll reduce all of our mobility and technique.

RJJ tends to leave his left hand low which isnt smart either. You cant shoulder roll in a striking match that allows a clinch which involves knees and elbows. You cant shoulder roll kicks either. These are 2 different sports with 2 different styles but if RJJ would allow Silva to kick, teeps, elbow and knees like he said he would, RJJ would lose all his mobility, all his technique and footwork and a lot of his punching power, cause Silva is not just a regular MMA striker. He is a good Muay Thai fighter and exceptional boxer as well.

RJJ would embarass Silva in boxing and Silva would do the same in every other form of striking that does not involve just hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Saigon View Post
          You are really underestimating Muay Thai if you think RJJ would just come out with a few sc****s. If you think kicks are really overrated then it is quite obvious that you have never been kicked by a true Muay Thai fighter. There is a HUGE skill gap between MMA Boxing and Boxing but not MMA striking and Boxing.

MMA striking doesn't look as fluid and technical as boxing striking cause MMA fighters have to worry about getting taken down or swept something boxers do not need to think about. Boxers also do not need need to worry about getting kicked, kneed, elbowed, or fighting within the clinch using all the strikes. Boxers have a more linear stance while MMA strikers are more squared up which is why they dont move or look as technical.

As boxers, we wouldn't be able to use our linear stance as our lead leg would get chopped by kicks or we get single legged. We need our legs to do everything...punching power, foot work, weaving, slipping, etc. If a guy is choppin our leg down it'll reduce all of our mobility and technique.

RJJ tends to leave his left hand low which isnt smart either. You cant shoulder roll in a striking match that allows a clinch which involves knees and elbows. You cant shoulder roll kicks either. These are 2 different sports with 2 different styles but if RJJ would allow Silva to kick, teeps, elbow and knees like he said he would, RJJ would lose all his mobility, all his technique and footwork and a lot of his punching power, cause Silva is not just a regular MMA striker. He is a good Muay Thai fighter and exceptional boxer as well.

RJJ would embarass Silva in boxing and Silva would do the same in every other form of striking that does not involve just hands.
          I didn't say kicks are overrated, I said 'RJ's still too fast and timing too good for any standup attack Anderson can throw at him.' Silva would have to smother Jones, Glen Johnson style to have any shot at beating Roy.

Kicks are telegraphed in a way that a 40 year old Roy would abuse if thrown, high or low. I agree with the leg kicks, good luck on landing that consistently. The stance isn't that different, the range from which they fight is the biggest difference.

RJ seldom shoulder rolls, he either uses his footwork and reflexes or a standard defense. The low left hand is to invite someone to punch to get countered. I have to think RJ's smart enough to use his footwork and reflexes to avoid Silva's strikes.

W/e though, you and everyone that think Silva will win in a stand up only fight can bet on him when/if the time comes. I encourage you to push this opinion so y'all can tilt the odds in favor of Silva. After RJ wins, you'll remember my posts.

Comment

Ugh... MMA and ignorant boxing fans don't mix.

In a nutshell:

RJJ murders Silva in boxing match.
            Silva starches RJJ in any other kind of fight.

Using the Machida analogy, it's good to be well versed in a single style like Karate, but if you don't have experience in anything else, you're ****ed. Think of a three-legged stool. RJJ's stool got only one leg.

As much as I love Roy, nobody wants to see a shell of himself get murked in a kickboxing match... let alone the pages and pages of idiotic arguments that the fight will bring.

Roy telegraphing Silva's kicks?...........

REALLY?

The same Roy that has little to no experience (that I know of) in any other form of fighting aside from boxing?.....

REALLY?

I give up.

Comment

People need to take into consideration that Silva is beating up on guys like Forrest Griffin, Chris Leben and Rich Franklin.

No offense to those guys but they are nowhere near RJJ.

RJJ wouldnt lose because of kicks and elbows, he'd lose because hes going to be massively outweighed against Silva.

Kicks arent a boxers kryptonite. They have never been.

Comment

Jones always has been a circus act. What a perfect way to end his career. As if getting knocked out by avg. at best boxers isnt enough.

Comment

Originally posted by pugilistfan View Post
                  People need to take into consideration that Silva is beating up on guys like Forrest Griffin, Chris Leben and Rich Franklin.

No offense to those guys but they are nowhere near RJJ.

RJJ wouldnt lose because of kicks and elbows, he'd lose because hes going to be massively outweighed against Silva.

Kicks arent a boxers kryptonite. They have never been.
                  4 or 5 rounds of leg kicks to RJJs legs are going to take a toll. On top of RJJ NEVER seeing or being use to taking them.

Im just saying with these rules, my money is on Silva.

Comment

The plot thickens i see..........Roy Jones Jr. wants to fight with elbows, knees and kicks??
                    Hmmm.....Anderson has been doing Muay Thai for a LOOOOOONG time. What are you thinking ROY??? This is not 1999....

Comment

Roy would get the **** beat out of him in a fight like that. Dont think this will be a bull**** ass Mercer-Sylvia.

Even a prime Roy would get the **** beat out of him if he allows Muay Thai rules.

Comment

Working...
                      X