Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, is there anyone in here who doesn't see SRR as the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    No one is saying he isn't great, but ffs Moore top of the heap ahead of Armstrong and Robinson as the GOAT?

No way **** that.
    there's about 200 fighters from his era that might say otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
      i rank roy jones higher than sugar ray
      Ladies and Germs....

We got a winner!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
        people think ray was invincible.

ray showed up in awful shape and didn't train properly for a lot of fights.

people like to think he was unbeatable in his prime but the fact is he was beaten in his prime and more than a few times.

a lot of historians love ray because he was so entertaining and he was so skilled and obviously the ridiculous resume doesn't hurt but it's more debatable than people make it out to be.

if ali just learned some proper defense and put more starch in his punches , i would pick young ali over him skill wise tbh. but i'm biased. i've seen more of ali's fights on video than ray's.
        I have no really beef with calling Ray Robinson the best, he was sweet as suger no doubt. My only beef comes when people talk like no one in history can hold his jock strap. I just hate how he is so untouchable when in boxing there is no such thing as untouchable.

I also kind of bothers how someone from today can't be considered the best ever, I understand the thinking and even somewhat agree but it just bugs me to know that boxings best guy was fighting 50 years ago and in every other sport there is improvement. Yet in boxing people seem to think humans have gotten worse at it, which to me is puzzling.

Comment

there were times when he was involved in a lot of entertainment stuff that he didn't concentrate on his training as he should.

obviously i didn't mean he came in fat or something.

ray was an active , athletic guy. hell tap dancing probably kept him in good shape but not necessarily boxing shape.
          Robinson took 3 years off from boxing from 1952-1955. He wasn't in terrible shape but his legs and reactions weren't the same, much like Ali's after his layoff from 1967 to 1970.

Sugar Ray struggled in his early comeback fights but did go onto regain the middleweight title 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
            i rank roy jones higher than sugar ray
            roy would tko ray.

Comment

roy would tko ray.
              The only thing Roy can do better than Ray is impersonate a surfboard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I have no really beef with calling Ray Robinson the best, he was sweet as suger no doubt. My only beef comes when people talk like no one in history can hold his jock strap. I just hate how he is so untouchable when in boxing there is no such thing as untouchable.

I also kind of bothers how someone from today can't be considered the best ever, I understand the thinking and even somewhat agree but it just bugs me to know that boxings best guy was fighting 50 years ago and in every other sport there is improvement. Yet in boxing people seem to think humans have gotten worse at it, which to me is puzzling.
                What are you talking about. Ali was a recent fighter, and most people have him in their top 3 or 4.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  Robinson took 3 years off from boxing from 1952-1955. He wasn't in terrible shape but his legs and reactions weren't the same, much like Ali's after his layoff from 1967 to 1970.

Sugar Ray struggled in his early comeback fights but did go onto regain the middleweight title 3 times.
                  did or did not ray come in some of his fights not in the best condition and was the reason for losing or not looking as good in those fights?

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr._Pink;5828641]people think ray was invincible.

ray showed up in awful shape and didn't train properly for a lot of fights.

people like to think he was unbeatable in his prime but the fact is he was beaten in his prime and more than a few times.

Wrong. His prime was at weltweight and he never lost at that weight. The one loss was to a top middleweight Jake Lamotta who outweighed him by 16 pounds(two divisions). Robinson still beat him 5 out of 6. To put it in perspective Manny pacquiao is worried about 2 more pounds, let alone 16.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
                      The only thing Roy can do better than Ray is impersonate a surfboard.
                      roy was a middleweight with light heavyweight power , ****.

ray is a welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X