Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, is there anyone in here who doesn't see SRR as the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
    I was gonna try to make fun of your name, but its impossible to since it sucks so bad as you created it.

Wtf is a "flipbjefrox"???

jefrox is a filipino gang.

it's also slang for something i think.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      Armstrong was indeed an old 30 years of age having been through many wars but he was still the number 1 ranked WW contender and had recently defeated LW champ Sammy Angott, top LW contender Willie Joyce, former WW champ Fritzie Zivic, LWW champ Tippy Larkin and LW champ Juan Zurita.

I'd say that beating that Henry Armstrong was about as good as beating the post-layoff Ray Robinson. Not exactly in his prime but still a capable fighter.
      that's the kind of fight were you give credit to the young guy but don't take anything away from the old guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
        idk will max boxing provide me with an article
        It doesn't matter, you're a ******* and wont believe it anyway.

Comment

UPDATE- Jack D ****** is browsing youtube for srr footage
          Update: ******* still cant name me a fighter in ANY era thats gone 130-1.

I'm off to the beach ladies.

Its been fun.

Comment

So it's true Jack D ****** is a pretender Making a thread like this doesnt change the fact that you're an idiot. Next time you see an article on Max boxing saying _____ is the greatest, you'll create another thread

D. ****** doesnt even really watch boxing. he gets his bastardized knowledge here in NSB, recycles it and pretends he knows more. that's why he often looks like a clown here and posts more in the lounge where his ******ed threads are more acceptable.

Comment

did i hurt your feelings here
              No, you actually make me laugh at how uniformed you are. You only know two fighters. Pacquiao and sometimes Cotto. Everybody else sucks in your pea brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                are you saying I can not have a particular opion based on what I have seen from what is available, and read in detail just because I was no present during a specific era.

With that logic I shouldn't take the historians word about the Ottoman and Roman empires right, since there is no video footage.
                You base your opinion on the opinions of others and then when anyone disagrees with you you act like they must be off their rocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                  man , ray had like 6 inches on henry.

plus it was near the end of henry's career.

henry was like 30 something already. in those days that was old for boxing.
                  Yeah, 30 was pretty old back then... and at 30 +, Ray was still picking up the Middleweight title and fighting top contenders....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                    that's the kind of fight were you give credit to the young guy but don't take anything away from the old guy.
                    I agree. I don't think it necessarily proves anything about who could have beaten each other in their primes or who was the greater of the two.

I do think that Armstrong was more fit for the featherweight and lightweight divisions despite his successful WW campaign. Robinson at nearly 6 feet tall towered over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                      Yeah, 30 was pretty old back then... and at 30 +, Ray was still picking up the Middleweight title and fighting top contenders....
                      ray never held 3 titles at the same time.

some say henry should have gotten the nod for the 160 belt against cerefino as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X