No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe vs Tua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
    bowe with his size and reach can box tua like lennox did but something tells me he won't.

bowe loved to slug , maybe because he was a good inside fighter for a big man.

i think bowe-tua will look more like ibeabuchi-tua rather than lewis-tua.

in an ibeabuchi-tua type fight tua has a 50-50 chance. bowe is slightly bigger than ike but he's not gonna throw 100 punches a round like either.
    Yeah I believe Bowe liked to slug it out on the inside too much, he was very good at it for a big man, but he wouldn't beat Tua there. Bowe might start off trying to stay on the outside, but I think eventually he would be forced into a brawl. Tua by late KO.

tyson can take tua out early but if it goes into the middle rounds ALL BETS ARE OFF.

tua in his prime had stamina and power up to the 12th round.
    As quick, accurate and powerful as Tyson was during his 3 yr prime, I just don't see him catching Tua early. If Mike paced himself, he could win a UD, but he never did. I see Tua surviving the early onslaught to come back and stop Mike late.

Both Bowe and Tyson would probably win the rematch though, by training harder and fighting smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
      Tyson's stamina was not that bad during his prime.
      he ko'd one of the biggest punchers in Razor Ruddock in 7 and won UD12.
      He ran after Bonecrusher for 12 rounds and outboxed him.
      No one could last 12 rounds with him unless they ran so how can people say that he didn't keep his power?

In his first 38 fights only 4 went to the cards, and only 4 ko's over 5 rounds the rest of his fight were 5 rounds or less.

Later on when he wasn't training and was in jail every other day sure he lacked stamina but how can you judge his prime based on these numbers?
      tua will make it a fight. that takes more out of you than someone running and mike teeing off.

i trust tua's stamina in his prime over mike's. tua was involved in 2 of the highest punch output heavyweight fights in compubox history.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Yeah I believe Bowe liked to slug it out on the inside too much, he was very good at it for a big man, but he wouldn't beat Tua there. Bowe might start off trying to stay on the outside, but I think eventually he would be forced into a brawl. Tua by late KO.

As quick, accurate and powerful as Tyson was during his 3 yr prime, I just don't see him catching Tua early. If Mike paced himself, he could win a UD, but he never did. I see Tua surviving the early onslaught to come back and stop Mike late.

Both Bowe and Tyson would probably win the rematch though, by training harder and fighting smarter.
        we agree on the bowe-tua fight.

as good as tua's chin is you never know if tyson can catch him with something he doesn't see. anyone can get koed , though unlikely.

what do you think on bowe-tyson?

Comment

Prime Tua demolishes Bowe, unlike Lennox Bowe likes to sometimes trade, which Tua would be happy to do.

Comment

tua will make it a fight. that takes more out of you than someone running and mike teeing off.

i trust tua's stamina in his prime over mike's. tua was involved in 2 of the highest punch output heavyweight fights in compubox history.
            I didn't mean that Mike could match Tua's stamina just that it is underrated during his prime years.
            I think a 21 year old Tyson could have came close to those numbers if he had to, i'd question his heart in a action packed late round brawl rather than his stamina.

You have made some very good points though,it really bugs me that we will never know the true answer.

Comment

we agree on the bowe-tua fight.

as good as tua's chin is you never know if tyson can catch him with something he doesn't see. anyone can get koed , though unlikely.

what do you think on bowe-tyson?
              Battle of Brownsville. That would be a helluva fight between 89-91 tyson and 91-92 Bowe. Bowe is a great boxer but is lazy at times and undisciplined at time. He also likes to trade but is one of the best pure heavyweight boxers the game has seen. I say Tyson by KO though because Bowe is known for mental lapses and I see Tyson landing a huge punch and taking him out.

Comment

real talk...Bowe has given Lennox the business before the fight was called with that BS stoppage. Lennox had a few moments but I saw Bowe clearly outboxing him and winning on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                X