Moorer talking absolute nonsense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
    What does that mean??:|
    that you're a noob with no clue about boxing.

Comment

I think you guys are overlooking one major fact-Wlad's power. And the size advantage. Holmes was no Corrie Sanders.

Comment

How is that nonsense?

Yo don't need to be a power puncher to put Wlad to sleep with his weak chin.

I'd say Holes has very good chances of stopping Wlad.

Comment

Michael Moorer has apparently said that Larry Holmes would stop Wladimir K in only a few rounds. Yes, that's correct. He said that LARRY HOLMES, the jabbing machine who was never a knockout artist, would beat WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO, whose 85% percent or so of the fights were won by knockouts, in just a few rounds. Now, either Moorer was drunk when he said that or he is suffering from some serious form of delusions or maybe even racism, who knows. The point is, this is SO WAY OFF and absolute NONSENSE!!

OK-we all know that Wladimir doesn't really have a world class chin. BUT! He IS actually three and half inches taller than Holmes and moves just as well as he did in his prime. Second, Holmes had problems with punchers of limited technique like Mike Weaver, Trevor Berbick and Earnie Shavers. Third, he was beaten by a LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT and twice! Now, I won't say that Holmes was just lucky to make 20 title defenses and reign for 7 years. Yet we know that that was the weakest era of heavyweights, along with today. If you look at the guys he fought, there really aren't that many big names among them, are they? Gerry Cooney, nothing but a big guy with a big punch but little real prowess. And weak chinned as well. Leon Spinks, the weakest champion ever probably. Couldn't hit. Holmes never fought Gerrie Coetzee, Michael Dokes, Pinklon Thomas or Greg Page. Why not? These guys were the division's hottest names then.

Everybody is saying Klitschko fights bums. Bums or not, he's fighting what's left in the division right now. He did beat Chagaev, one of the best heavyweights out there. He did beat Tony Thompson, a solid and respectable fighter. He did beat Ray Austin in just 2 rounds and that guy later beat Golota in one round. Lennox Lewis obviously avoided him. He was the first to stop Monte Barrett and Jameel McCline. The first to beat the Nigerian Nightmare Sam Peter. Now how can a guy with such a record be so maligned?? And yet Larry Holmes, despite all his shortcomings, is hailed as one of the greatest fighters in the division??
          You're one of Tunney's alts aren't you? Holmes is an ATG, Klitschko will NEVER see those initials tagged to his name. Get over it nuthugging fan-boi. Red K given for being a moron AND and alt.

Poet

Comment

I think you guys are overlooking one major fact-Wlad's power. And the size advantage. Holmes was no Corrie Sanders.
            Wlad is no Earnie Shavers when it comes to punching power. Wlad's a "featherfist" in comparison.

Poet

Comment

Holmes would beat Wlad, by KO or decision. I vote by KO since it doesn't take a huge puncher to lay Wlad out and Holmes when he wanted to use it had a good right hand. See the 2nd Shavers fight for evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                Holmes would beat Wlad, by KO or decision. I vote by KO since it doesn't take a huge puncher to lay Wlad out and Holmes when he wanted to use it had a good right hand. See the 2nd Shavers fight for evidence
                Hey, nobody really laid Wlad out! Sanders knocked him down several times, but Wlad wasn't out cold. He rose to his feet soon after the fight was stopped. And you are talking crap. You DO have to be a big puncher to do that to Wlad. Only Tyson and Dempsey could do such a thing! Or Shavers, if he got lucky. Foreman...maybe.

Comment

Shaver hits harder than Wlad and Holmes chin was only ever a factor once he was past prime.

Even when he was past prime the only guy to KO him was a Prime Tyson, and he was 39 years old. At 43 he fought a prime Holyfield who could punch (although not a one punch guy) and wasn't stopped, at 46 he fought a prime McCall and lost a close decision.

Holmes chin is not in question, and Wlad doesn't throw the power punches until his opponent is tired and he sure nothing is going to come back.

Comment

Holmes would demolish Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by TEDetc View Post
                      Holmes would demolish Wlad.
                      Another one...maybe you and Moorer should get together.

Comment

Working...
                      X