Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Pacquiao beating Cotto be a win for Mexicans too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rivalry is much greater between Mexicans and Puertoricans by far. I like Manny and I like Cotto, I just think Manny is something special.

Plus, there's no doubt that Filipinos are the Mexicans of the Asian world, everyone knows that...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
      yeah, you really cant generalize. some mexican fans were rooting for pac against dlh so why would they all rally behind cotto? It also depends on which group you're referring to. mexican americans are more likely to have a negative view of pac because they've interacted with his nuthuggers directly while many mexicans (who reside there) are probably morel likely to root against a PR fighter for the same reason. pac has more mexican fans than cotto but it depends on the individual. it's not like mexicans have agreed upon a fighter to root for.

Your opinion carries more weight for me here, not unlike the Mexican wannabes who posted ahead of you. They're more on speculating if the Mexicans' are pro or anti Pacman/Cotto...

Comment

the day a real mexican roots for a PRican, the world would end. j/k but there is some serious beef between us i dont think a lot of mex will rally for cotto.

Comment

why? when tony (a mexican) already beat cotto....

Comment

Originally posted by veteran420 View Post
            why? when tony (a mexican) already beat cotto with plaster....

I fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
              The rivalry is much greater between Mexicans and Puertoricans by far. I like Manny and I like Cotto, I just think Manny is something special.

Plus, there's no doubt that Filipinos are the Mexicans of the Asian world, everyone knows that...hehe

That's a huge compliment for Pacman coming from a boxing trainer like you, who we all know was infamously branded as the "Mexicutioner". Props to you for setting nationalities aside!

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
                yeah, you really cant generalize. some mexican fans were rooting for pac against dlh so why would they all rally behind cotto? It also depends on which group you're referring to. mexican americans are more likely to have a negative view of pac because they've interacted with his nuthuggers directly while many mexicans (who reside there) are probably morel likely to root against a PR fighter for the same reason. pac has more mexican fans than cotto but it depends on the individual. it's not like mexicans have agreed upon a fighter to root for.
                I was rooting for Pac against DLH.

I was broken hearted when Chavez lost. Cause a prime Chavez wouldve spanked that ****

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
                  That's a huge compliment for Pacman coming from a boxing trainer like you, who we all know was infamously branded as the "Mexicutioner". Props to you for setting nationalities aside!
                  I have never put that nation to nation stuff in front. I kid people on here just to get them going but in reality I think Cotto is a very good fighter, I just think Manny will be a great one.

What Manny has you cannot teach, I have said that time and time again. He's so fast, so elusive and the power he carries for being such a small man is amazing.

That's the same reason I love Juan Manuel Marquez so much because he was outmatched in every single physical category by Manny and yet some say he won the second fight.

Shows you that boxing is an art, not a fight in which you roll around on the floor beating your opponent over the head.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD HATES ME View Post
                    I fixed it for you.
                    speculation

Comment

::: wacking off to the ass in your signature :::

Fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X